“Overall Winner!”

Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
New York City, New York
“Overall Winner!”
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I travel to Santa Fe twice a year for business, and I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The staff is lovely, and will bend over backwards to make sure you are happy. There is a free cold and hot breakfast available with healthy choices, as well as a breakfast burrito bar. There is a gym, and computers available for Internet connection. The rooms are clean and smell very nice. If you are looking for a new flat screen TV, this is not the place for you, but if you are in Santa Fe and sitting in your room watching television, we probably do not have much in common and you might want to check out another person’s review. The Old Santa Fe Inn is one block away from the plaza, many restaurants, three blocks from the RailRunner, a few blocks from the new Railyard galleries, and even within walking distance to Canyon Road. I have stayed at the Old Santa Fe Inn over 5 times, and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank IsabelleaNec

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Reviews here inspired me to book a room for three nights.

It is true that the location is excellent, the rooms are nicely decorated, and a very good breakfast is served in a pleasing room.

Unfortunately, the woman who checked me in is the most annoying and unprofessional person I have met in any of the many hundreds of hotels I have stayed in over six decades.

She assigned us to a dark and cave-like room located behind a recycling bin. When I told her that we would not stay in a room devoid of sunlight, she told me that I if I wanted a room into which sun might shine I should have stated so when I booked my room a month earlier.

Unable to deal with such inanity, the general manager came to my rescue, offering us an extremely cheerful suite in another building—but for two nights only.

On the third day, when the desk clerk told me she was going to send us back to the place where the sun doesn’t shine, I told her that was unacceptable. She then engaged me in the most illogical and ill-tempered conversation I have ever had with anybody anywhere.

Again, the general manager came to my rescue, treating us to a small but cheerful room in another building.

When we checked out, the desk clerk continued her unprofessional ways by scowling and carrying on like a teenager having a hissy fit.

Whenever I think of Santa Fe, she will crowd into my thoughts.

Room Tip: Book only a
7 Thank wonderfulworld
JohnJSmallwood, Manager at Old Santa Fe Inn, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Dozens of other guests have taken the time to compliment this particular front desk person by name in other TripAdvisor postings, but things just did not seem to work out between her and this particular guest. I wish things had gone better for your stay. Please don't hesitate to ask for me by name if you stay with us again so we can ensure that things go more smoothly. Thank you for your patronage.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed April 29, 2011

The furnishings were lovely, the bed linens were comfy, the room was clean and comfortable, and our kiva fireplace was a cozy, romantic touch. The Old Santa Fe Inn was an absolutely convenient location for us to head to the Plaza and beyond. The morning breakfast was bountiful--such a nice array of hot offerings even beyond the substantial granola, cereals, breads, and oatmeal selection--and the dining room was quite charming. We appreciated using the business center and free Internet service--and the staff, morning and night, was friendly and professional. Our airline lost our baggage, and we took kindly to the TLC Alex and the other front desk staff offered us. We will most defintely head back to the Old Santa Fe Inn on our next trip to Santa Fe!

3 Thank EnchantedbySantaFe
Beacon Falls, Connecticut
Reviewed April 24, 2011

This was our second stay here (first 7/10). I'm writing a second time because my initial impression was reinforced by this visit. Again the location is great, food great-hot buffet in morning- coffee and lemon water all day- fresh cookies in afternoon. The reason for this second review is the staff. They are incredibly helpful and are genuine in their warmth. I emphasize this because service and help with warmth are two very different commodities. I will share our parting experience. We needed to check out at approx 5:45 am. Generally in the overnight hours the office is staffed but locked until 7 am-coffee bar set at 7 as well as breakfast. The overnight staff arranged checkout at 5 am along with setting up the coffee bar so I could drive to the airport in an alert state.

3 Thank mpm0024
Layton, Utah
Reviewed April 14, 2011

The hotel offers a return visitor rate which beats the other discounts (AAA, senior). I reserved by telephone. Prior to my visit I received a welcoming letter in the mail with Santa Fe visitor information.

The staff at this hotel really tries very hard to make sure guests are 100% satisfied. They provide 24 hour coffee and tea in the lobby. Fresh baked cookies are out each afternoon. There are three computers to use with free printing. We did have difficulty with the WiFi in our room one night, but the other 3 nights the WiFi worked fine. If you ask for any information at the front desk, they are eager to provide recommendations.

The upgraded room offers a second sink, microwave and refrigerator. The beds are REALLY comfortable and the room is quiet. I slept better in this bed than I do at home! Heat/AC controls work well. The TV in our room was an older model, not a new flat screen.

I originally stayed at the Old Santa Fe Inn because of its location. You can walk to the Old Town Plaza very easily, along with restaurants and museums. However, I will be returning to the Old Santa Fe Inn due to their hospitality!

Room Tip: Request room with refrig and microwave
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Outdoorpartner
Fiji
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We are traveling from southern California to Washington DC & decided to make one of our stops in Santa Fe since we've never been here before. We chose the Old Santa Fe Inn after reading reviews on trip advisor & we have NOT been disappointed! We got a junior king suite which has 2 comfortable chairs with a small table between them, a beautiful gas fireplace, extremely comfortable bed, & very clean. The people behind the reception desk, both Alex & Michael are are so friendly & helpful. The breakfast that's included has a tasty burrito bar, along with hard cooked eggs & other goodies. The coffee is Starbucks & it's available almost all day long. They also have filtered water available throughout the day, along with fresh baked cookies at 4pm, & free wireless. They're located less than a block from the downtown shops. We will absolutely stay here again the next time we visit Santa Fe.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for the junior suite.
1 Thank fijijakes
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 6, 2011

We booked 3 nights in a king Kiva room. The room is not large, but very comfortable. The bedding is very nice; the bed comfortable. The bathroom is clean and attractive. My husband loves the burrito bar for breakfast; I was happy with the granola and yogurt. There's definitely something for everyone for breakfast. We would definitely stay here again

1 Thank karensk7