“Good local cuisine”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 12, 2019

Places like Sunrise are often the best places to dine in New Mexico, if you like local food. Fresh and hot, friendly service. I knew I'd like it when I saw the full parking lot upon arrival. I was having late breakfast, and they had a lot of good choices. I had the breakfast quesadilla, very filling and delicious. Portions are large, so I had leftovers too. Service was very fast, and they were also great for attentive service/refills on tea and coffee. Green chile on the side was especially good too.

Date of visit: April 2019
5  Thank northsouthq

Reviewed January 17, 2019

For delicious, authentic New Mexican breakfast and lunch, there is no place with better food for the value. It's definitely a locals spot. They serve gringo breakfast and lunch too - pancakes, french toast, burgers and sandwiches. There isn't much in the way of ambiance, but that is definitely not the point here! And there is never a wait. Drive on by the hordes of people waiting to get into the Pantry and settle in for deliciousness.

Date of visit: January 2019
5  Thank Jolene M
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Do it! Get the salsa to put on top.
Satisfying but not too heavy.
Affordable breakfasts and pleasant staff.

Date of visit: September 2018
9  Thank Melinda M
Reviewed August 30, 2018

My family and I went here for breakfast which was very tasty. In fact, I had enough for two meals. The staff was very customer oriented and made us feel welcome and appreciated.

Date of visit: August 2018
8  Thank poed65
Reviewed August 8, 2018

So we asked what was a good local restaurant for lunch. They sent us to the Sunrise Cafe. Now, it's not much to look at, and there is a definite smell of chickens across the alley in the rear, BUT the food is fantastic. My wife had the breakfast quesadilla with christmas sauce, and I ordered the green chili cheese burger. She could not stop raving about her quesadilla, and I woofed down the burger. Yes, it was mildly hot, but I believe it to be the best burger EVER. (I have eaten my fair share of burgers). This place is worth the stop.

Date of visit: July 2018