“Good enchiladas”

Casa Chimayo Restaurante
Ranked #58 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Casa Chimayo’s traditional approach to preparing authentic New Mexican cuisine, or “Comida de Nueva España,” as Don Timoteo, the patriarch of the restaurant, refers to it, comes from his commitment to using Grandma’s recipes and local ingredients. Guy Fieri featured Casa Chimayo in a segment titled “Aces Of Authenticity,” on his popular Food Network show “Diners, Drive-ins & Dives, showcasing their popular blue corn enchiladas! New Mexican cuisine has evolved from a blending of Spanish and Native American ingredients, resulting in a culinary experience like no other. Don Timoteo is proud to serve authentic New Mexican dishes using fresh, local ingredients such as: red and green chile, corn, beans, blue corn, posole, tortillas, tamales, atole, and more!
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great blue corn chicken enchiladas. Add a over easy egg for a nice taste. Ambiance was a bit "eclectic" for my taste. Service was good.

3  Thank LoboPirate

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

When the menu says their chili is hot, it is! We dined on Tres Tacos (not hot) and the pork and beef burritos with red sauce (hot). They serve the thicker style chips as a $4 appetizer. Great live native Indian music this evening. Cold beer and a great patio atmosphere. Will return!

3  Thank SouthernBoy2000
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Casa Chimayo has great New Mexican food and friendly servers. Very casual atmosphere. This is a not to be missed bargain gem. Also gluten free friendly!!!

2  Thank AJConifer
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our meal at Casa Chimayo was one of the best we had in Santa Fe! It's a small place and easy to miss, but don't miss it. The enchiladas were perfect- I had mine christmas style with red and green chile sauce- truly the best of both worlds. The decor is funky and fun and the waitress we had was well informed and delightful. It's a great authentic experience amid a place that can be a bit too touristy.

2  Thank fmcs599
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I were very impressed with the staff. We were seated right away in the casual patio per our request. Our server told us about the specials and our drinks were served promptly. This was my first time to Santa Fe and I cant get enough of the Carne Adovado. This was my first choice on the menu and it didn't disappoint. The flavor of all the food was spot on. The owner of the establishment came over to the table to check on us. I told him of my obsession with the Adovado and he gave me seeds from his garden to take home. I also purchased a small bag of his special ground chili and he shared how to make it. The evening was perfect with the music from a local man playing guitar and flute. When the staff heard it was our 25th wedding anniversary they brought to us a Tres Leche Cake that was incredibly moist and flavorful. Overall a very special meal for us. Great flavor, great service and a nice ambiance. I would come back again!

4  Thank GeorjannR