“Great mole and amazing pork green chili stew”

Casa Chimayo Restaurante
Ranked #57 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Casa Chimayo’s traditional approach to preparing authentic New Mexican cuisine, or “Comida de Nueva España,” as Don Timoteo, the patriarch of the restaurant, refers to it, comes from his commitment to using Grandma’s recipes and local ingredients. Guy Fieri featured Casa Chimayo in a segment titled “Aces Of Authenticity,” on his popular Food Network show “Diners, Drive-ins & Dives, showcasing their popular blue corn enchiladas! New Mexican cuisine has evolved from a blending of Spanish and Native American ingredients, resulting in a culinary experience like no other. Don Timoteo is proud to serve authentic New Mexican dishes using fresh, local ingredients such as: red and green chile, corn, beans, blue corn, posole, tortillas, tamales, atole, and more!
Reviewed March 2, 2013

we found this place on Yelp. we even had a coupon. we shared an appetizer of plaintain wrapped in a chili with mole. OMG. how delicious was that. great mole. we love mole and eat it all over. by far one of the best we have had. I had the green chili stew. full flavored broth, tender pork. really well done and not expensive. my daughter had the chili rellenos which she loved. attentive and pleasant service. we were sitting in the back and the hostess saw that we had not been waited on yet and quickly resolved the situation.

3  Thank Lynn L

Reviewed February 21, 2013

quick and delicious food at a really good price. Try the guacamole and chips and watch out for the green chiles - wonderful and spicy.

4  Thank pjc5316
LaUnicaGitana, Manager at Casa Chimayo Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant! We really appreciate hearing the feedback from our customers. It's what keeps us on our toes, striving to provide the best food and service possible. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Given the high reviews Casa Chimayo has received on Trip Advisor I was somewhat disappointed. For starters, their website advertised Happy Hour so we specifically went for Happy Hour. However, when we arrived we were told they only did Happy Hour in the summer. The Guacomole was quite good as was my Sangria. My vegetarian tamales were extremely salty and the mole enchilada was overly sweet. The entertainment was quite good.

2  Thank spazgirl

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in on a sunday around 215 pm. Their brunch menu was until 315 pm (they reopen for dinner at 5 pm). A lady, likely the owner, greeted me and i was seated in a room where there was only one group that was preparing to pay their bill. Two other couples in adjacent room. I ordered huevos rancheros off the brunch menu that came with a cup of green chile. Both were fantastic. However, the concern for customers and service was horrible. No sooner than 5 minutes after the nearby table left, in comes noisy busboy clearing the table. Another 5 minutes pass and my waiter, who would often disappear showed up with a large tray off knives and forks and began to roll them in napkins. Totally oblivious to the fact that i was actually in there to eat. After a few minutes of this noise, i got up and moved to the other room (waiter clueless). While i sat in the other room, the two other couples were also annoyed and soon left. Nothing says "we could care less about our customers" than making noise at the customer's expense. My waiter eventually figured out i moved and asked me if i wanted a refill of my water glass that had sat empty for 10the minutes. I said yes but he did not return until 10 minutes later after i asked some other waiter who then took over rolling utensils. I told my waiter why i moved and i could tell he almost said that they were preparing for dinner (of course they should have waited 30 minutes and gave respect to who was actually there). I left at 259 pm and on the way out told the owner that while the food was excellent, the service was lousy. She said she was sorry for that but i should have ordered a side order of genuine concern for customers but that was not on the menu or within their ability. Here is my suggestion to the many clueless people at this restaurant: respect those customers who are in the restaurant and have your clueless staff WAIT until the restaurant closes before you engage in behavior that runs customers off.

LaUnicaGitana, Assistant Manager at Casa Chimayo Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share and rate your experience at Casa Chimayo. We value all of our customer feedback, and use it to continuously improve on both the food and service. We hope that you will be pleasantly surprised on your next visit!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The food was OK and the service was good, I think I may look for someplace else the next time. It is close to La Paloma B&B if you are short n time.

3  Thank swtexan
LaUnicaGitana, Manager at Casa Chimayo Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear SWTexan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant! We are just over a year old and appreciate the feedback from our customers. We strive to continually improve our food and service, and hope to see you here again soon!