“Good Gelato”

Ranked #11 of 26 Dessert in Santa Fe
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Unique flavors and old favorites. I tried the habanero strawberry and it was great. While a bit pricey, it was good to share a medium. Not a must but if you are on Macy St and want something sweet, stop in and try it.

6  Thank AliseRenee

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This great little gelato shop downtown is a local favorite. Best known for their great variety of homemade gelatos. They serve coffee too. I highly recommend stopping by after an evening out in Santa Fe.

5  Thank Fpavoreal
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Best gelato in Santa Fe, in my opinion. Good variety of fruit sorbets and gelato choices. Marcy street is turning into a great place for foodies...

3  Thank KendraP05
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The owner should go back to Rome and re-learn how to make gelato, because this is incorrect. You'll be disappointed with the "gelato" if you're expecting the real thing. Was excited for a creamy hazelnut scoop but got an oddly flavored cup of iced milk. Way overpriced. Anyone who's been to Italy or Europe will tell you, this is not the texture or flavors of real gelato.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stopped in twice for gelato. On our first visit I had the salted caramel, which was excellent. Two days later I had lavender and chocolate hazelnut. Both were icy and didn't have the intense flavor I expect with gelato. I didn't finish my serving. Inconsistent flavor and texture, plus service without a smile or knowledge of flavors make this a no-repeater for me. Warning - the minuscule samples provided give little indication of texture.

Been to Ecco Gelato and Espresso? Share your experiences!