“Great service, food was average”
Review of Cafe Castro

Cafe Castro
Ranked #42 of 635 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 14, 2019

The food was good, but not amazing for my taste. The atmosphere was pleasant and the staff was friendly and helpful. I may return for a second try, but I just won’t rush to get there.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 7, 2019

Lots of great choices on the menu! My favorite is their burrito. The Sopaipillas are always prefect....

6  Thank Lynn F
Reviewed April 30, 2019

This place was packed when we arrived, with lots of families. We had the blue corn chicken enchiladas Christmas and they were so delicious! The sauces, both red and green, were flavorful with just a little kick. We ordered a side of guacamole and chips and it was creamy and very tasty. We were too full to eat the accompanying sopapillas, but the next morning they were great for breakfast. Eat here. It's a nice little locally owned, family run restaurant.

4  Thank RaeRae99501
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

Despite an hour wait, the food was definitely worth it! I had the blue corn enchiladas which were outstanding. The only thing I’d like to see change is their lack of decent drinks. A margarita would have perfect with this meal.

Date of visit: March 2019
5  Thank Marlene412
Reviewed April 14, 2019

The Stuffed Sopapilla was VERY tasty, and I was amazed at the reasonable prices on the menu. We were there on a Friday evening, and there was a gentleman playing live music throughout dinner. The "wine margarita" they served was a delightful variation on tradition. The servers seemed very interested that we were enjoying our meal - (not intrusive, just attentive.) This isn't fine dining with high prices and fancy surroundings. It's just a nice place for a good, authentic Mexican meal that can be enjoyed without breaking the bank.

5  Thank Susan N