“FANTASTIC BREAKFAST”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“FANTASTIC BREAKFAST”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This review is long overdue as we went to Santa Fe in the middle of June 2014. First, I'm not a person who ever raves about breakfast - eggs generally can only get so good. We stayed at the Inn at Laredo and decided to walk up to Jalapeno's for breakfast. What a wonderful surprise. It was a beautiful morning so we sat outside on the patio facing Old Santa Fe Trail. I ordered the breakfast quesadilla and this was the best breakfast I can remember having in many many years. Everything was fresh and the chorizo was excellent. The chile served alongside was perfect. This isn't a spicy hot breakfast, but was very tasty and was something I would highly recommend. The service was a little slow - but this is Santa Fe and we're suppose to be relaxing so I needed to remind myself of this. The waitress was actually very good and filled our coffee cups when needed. The coffee was also very good. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his breakfast as well (Huevos Rancheros) - he loves breakfast, especially eggs and beans of any kind. He agrees with the recommend for this restaurant. The prices were over $10 for each meal, but were well worth the price for the quality of the food and in line with other restaurants in the area - though we felt the food was of a much higher quality. This is definitely one place we will return to, not only for breakfast but also to try lunch and dinner.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank bjorndki50

“Best meal of our trip”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We loved this restaurant. We went for Saturday brunch and each had a 1/2 order, which was plenty. My blue corn enchiladas with green sauce were my best meal of the trip. And a sopapilla with the meal--always a plus for me.
I also enjoyed the shady outdoor patio area.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank 145sylvian
“I am torn”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I am torn because I want to give this place both an excellent rating AND a terrible one. My wife and I came here for lunch. She had the Baja shrimp salad which was EXTRAORDINARY, and I had the Carne asada quesadilla which was extraordinarily BAD. The terrace was nice, reminiscent of West coast Mexico and the service was good. For the cook: Carne Asada means meat, as in RED meat, not the pathetic selection of cartillage i had in my quesadilla.FANTASTIC shrimp salad though!

Texas
“Best Breakfast Burrito Ever!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

After I ate a big burrito at Jalapeno's, I was stuffed. It had eggs, carne asada, potatoes and cheese and other things inside it, and an egg on top of it. Oh man oh man it was good! If I lived at Santa Fe, I'd get addicted to their great burritos.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Tex s
Santa Fe, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food...Horrible Service”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Honestly....A great location.
A spectacular menu!!!!!
The worst staff in Santa Fe.
The owners of this place really need to get it together. Who hires these people?
If you're interested in a good laugh, go and order a drink and watch the catastrophe!!!
The Blond girl that answers the phone and tells people that there is no wait or that their food will be ready in 20 min when in reality it takes 55 needs to go!!!! She's rude, and truly should not be around food. Eat at your own risk.

• Visited June 2014