“Smooth, really smooth, and awesome”

Aztec Street Cafe and Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Smooth, really smooth, and awesome”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stumbled on this little cafe by accident and it has become my weekly destination digs during my 1 or 2x/week trip up from Albuquerque. .

These guys at the 317 Aztec (as it is now known) have the best salad for taste and price anywhere ($8.50 for an Everything Salad) which must include something like butter lettuce or some home grown greens because it is smooth and lush and the sunflower sprouts and array of other veggies make it a full meal. But still, I have to add a raw vegan cheesecake piece ($2.25, best price for raw and gluten free goodies anywhere!) or a raw, dairy free, gluten free walnut cacao bar ("eat half and take the rest with you," the owner advised but I ignored her and ate it all). It was great. Really great. Really really great!

And in addition to the coffee being smooth, too -- yes, best coffee award! -- the other customers are smooth! Fun, friendly, excited about the raw and gluten free desserts; talkative, warm...

I like the uplifting, local art on the walls, and best of all, the staff remember me. How lovely to walk in and get a sincere smile and "Great to see you!" greeting. I love this place.

• Visited May 2012
12 Thank gaia-ji

San Antonio, Texas
“Kind of hippy, but don't let that stop you”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Super friendly, welcoming place. Lots of locals hanging out. Get a coffee or a fresh juice and relax. The breakfast we had was good too. If you are tired of the plaza and fine dining, go check it out. It's a short stroll from plaza.

Visited April 2012
11 Thank rch_sa
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A Bit Disappointing”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This does not exist any more. It changed hands and is now "317 Aztec Cafe". Great coffee, but all snacks are gluten free. If that is what you need, good place. If you like the tastes gluten adds, this may not be for you. The building is attractive and nicely decorated.

Visited March 2012
5 Thank Mark H
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Favorite Find in Sante Fe!”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Seven of my girlfriends and I met in Sante Fe from different areas of the US. We found plenty of green chili and fabulous southwestern food. We stumbled upon a great find in the Aztec Cafe one afternoon. The girls working there had just taken over ownership and were thrilled with our patronage. We tried different juices, the sloppy lentils (like Joes) and were smitten. We will be back!

Visited March 2012
6 Thank audrasena
Boston
“Great coffe, atmosphere, and muffins”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I love this place, whenever I'm in Santa Fe I enjoying hanging out taking my time to enjoy the treats and the atmosphere.

• Visited April 2011