“Delicious”

Pho Kim
Ranked #220 of 577 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed September 15, 2013

After looking at all the mixed reviews, I wasn't sure, but because my wife had gone to the beading shop next door, and I saw that they had a patio with outside seating in front, and a place to sit with our dog, I decided I'd give it a shot. It paid off. We started with the Vietnamese omelettes (ban xao?) which were delicious, full of sprouts and chicken and shrimp. We shared a pho ga (chicken soup) which was also very good, the broth was very aromatic and full of flavor, I would have liked some sprouts and jalapeño peppers on the side to add, but none were provided, and the waiter, though efficient, was a man of few words, and did not return to see if everything was OK. Don't expect the world here, this is not a fine dining experience, but all in all, a good choice for a nice, reasonably priced, Vietnamese meal in Santa Fe.

6  Thank jollyguy

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I always enjoy a meal at/from Pho Kim. The only drawback is no brown-rice option and they don't offer low-sodium soy or tamari. That said, my diet's fairly restrictive, and I can always order out. I recommend Pho Kim to anyone who likes good, authentic Vietnamese food.

7  Thank Shakokidogu
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I understand that some reviewers have had a lackluster experience here but I MUST say that this place is known for it's Pho. I have not had anything here besides the Pho and I probably never will-it is that good. The shrimp Pho is by far my favorite, the broth (and rice noodles) are alive with traditional Vietnamese flavors (star anise, mellow ginger, coriander, black cardamom, cinnamon, fennel, clove, onion and of course the melding of these with your meat of choice). It is served with a side of lime, cilantro and bean sprouts.

You should note that Pho is a very popular street food in Vietnam, so do not come here expecting the best meal you have ever had in a restaurant-but it is the best Pho I have ever tasted. They have a quaint outdoor seating area (perfect for enjoying warm breezy Santa Fe days) and the staff is very friendly. Also, like most great restaurants in Santa Fe, this place is located in a strip mall-I know this is an odd concept, especially for us native Easterners, but trust me; Portland has its food trucks, Santa Fe has it's strip mall restaurants. They do not serve beer and wine but they do have a great Green Tea "shake" on the menu that is refreshing and palate cleansing allowing you to enjoy the full effect of the Pho flavors. Only one shake is needed for two people if you are eating a meal.

Every time we are in Santa Fe, it is Pho Kim for dinner. I hope you enjoy this native Vietnamese treat as much as we do!

7  Thank CasaInnkeeper
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were told that the food was good at this restaurant so we decided to try it. The restaurant is located in a small shopping strip, the wait staff was very friendly, and the prices weren't too high. We ordered the spring roll to start. It was a bit rubbery but was accompanied by a tasty dipping sauce which saved it. My husband ordered a beef stir fry drowned in a brown sauce which was almost tasteless. There was lots of it but he ended up pouring hot sauce, soy sauce, and hot pepper oil on it to give it some flavour. I had the pho with duck which was better than the stir fry. It was a healthy portion and tastier, but I wasn't impressed by this place.

1  Thank jwightma
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Pho Kim is in our neighborhood, they do quick take-out, and their prices are decent on the pocket.

We seem to switch up our order every time we visit, but it always hits the spot when we decide to dine here. The sandwiches are great, especially on the run, and the salads are amazing, full of flavor and spice.

Friendly staff as well, and family friendly.

8  Thank M M