“Good for beer and watching the game”
Review of Junction - CLOSED

Junction
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Historic District
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Good for beer and watching the game”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was here with a large party and they gave us the upper section of the restaurant. The server was very accommodating and worked hard.

I ordered the fish tacos. The fish pieces were very small, fried, and the tortillas were corn, not cooked or anything so as you can imagine it made the tacos taste 'mealy' and subsequently the tacos fell apart when trying to eat. Too much cabbage, not enough fish.

I asked for lime with my Negra Modelo and the wedge they served with the beer was too big to put in the bottle. It was a 1/4 of a lime, not kidding.

Decent location within walking distance to heart of Santa Fe. If you needed to catch a game and drill a few beers this place is fine. I can't say I would return here as a destination place to eat.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Xajiks

Chicago, Illinois
“A Bar with decent food, long wait.”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This place seemed to be more geared to drinking. The food was good , but we waited a long time to eat. If your drinking I guess you won't mind the wait but if you have young children who are hungry you might want to pass this by.

Visited August 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“disappointing pizza”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The first time we tried the Junction we ordered the pizza and thought it was wonderful. In fact I thought the generous (the pizza only comes in one size) rectangular pizza was not only one of the best I'd ever had, but was a great value. We have returned for the pizza now four more times and it has gotten worse each time we've come back. The shape went from rectangular to the standard round, the crust is not as thin and crusty as the first time, and the size of the pizza and the amount of the toppings has diminished with each visit. Last night, we called ahead for take-out pizza. We requested caramelized onions as one of our toppings. The person who took our order over the phone reviewed our choices three times to make sure it was right. We picked up our pizza on time, but had to wait almost ten minutes for the cashier to take our money. When we got home, we found that the caramelized onions had been substituted with raw chopped red onions. Big difference! I tried to carefully scrape them off. Even though we don't live very far away the crust was very soggy in spots and tasted like uncooked flour. Hardly any toppings on it at all. I found it pretty inedible. So, no more pizza from the Junction. I don't know why it changed but it has been a fairly rapid progression from one of the best to one of the worst pizzas I've experienced.

• Visited August 2012
Tesuque, New Mexico
“Great lunch on patio”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Family went to lunch and was suprised to find a patio with great view of the mountains. The kids had the burgers and loved them and also the nutella shakes. I had a pizza that hit the spot and my wife had the Cobb salad that was so big she could not finish. All in all we had a fun lunch great food and great service.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Isaac O
Keele, UK
“Review of Junction, Santa Fe”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

During my 8-day visit to Santa Fe to attend a conference, we visited Junction on our first day in the city, and subsequently adopted it as our 'local' for the week. It is a sports bar, so we were able to watch the European cup games there. There is a good range of interesting beers on sale (try the 'Dirty Blonde'), and the staff are friendly and efficient. Definitely a home-from-home local in Santa Fe!

Visited June 2012