“Oktoberfiesta”

Santa Fe Brewing Company
Ranked #48 of 275 things to do in Santa Fe
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Oktoberfest at the Old House

From October 20 through the 27th, the Old House Restaurant inside the Eldorado Hotel will be holding an Oktoberfest celebration.

We went last year and again this year. This year we brought a friend who really loves sauerbraten. The German food was authentic. For starters, there was a potato and bacon soup. How can you go wrong? A cheese and meat plate with a pretzel, and a knockwurst salad. We had a sausage plate with whipped mashed potatoes and sauerkraut, while our guest had the sauerbraten. He loved it. The beef was so tender. The red cabbage looked great. There wasn't any gravy like I am used to but the meat was very flavorful and tasty.
Of course, we had a stein of Santa Fe Brewing Oktoberfest beer to add to the event.
We finished up with warm cherries in a sauce and vanilla ice cream.
It was truly an Octoberfeast. Since it was the first day of the special menu, the service was a little spotty. I'm sure if we had gone later in the week, it would be the same service we had come to expect at the Old House.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"taproom"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We really would have enjoyed this place but the server was just an unsmiling, unaccomodating... <edited by TripAdvisor>. She really turned us off. The other thing that bugged me was that I didn't see their actual beer menu, hiding on a side wall, until I stepped all the way up to the bar to pay our tab after she had poured our beer. Instead, I saw a different menu on the wall right as you walked in, and ordered from that - turned out that menu was all their beer with a shot of brandywine. I didn't enjoy my spiked beer and I didn't enjoy the server, so we didn't order more. They had a nice balcony patio and an upstairs 'game room' of sorts, so we could have had a grand time. Instead, we made our way back into town and spent the afternoon at Marble Brewery on the plaza (our all time favorite).

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stopped for a pint one late afternoon in August. It was fairly crowded but not overwhelming. The beer was very ordinary, the place was not very nice, they were out of several brews, and after I left and paid my bill I looked at my bank statement and noticed that they had changed the amount of the tab...very naughty!

1  Thank jollyguy
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in to try some of their selections. Took my 8 year old with us, he passed the time playing ping pong on their upstairs area. Kid friendly place, service is lacking upstairs. Doesn't matter if you don't mind fetching your own beer. Sat on their balcony so boyfriend could smoke a cigar and just people watched. Lots of locals..and their dogs. Friendly environment. Had a nice time. Tried the ales and Santa Fe Nut beer, pretty good. Don't go on an empty stomach. They don't serve food.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We have visited a lot of breweries and one thing I can say for sure no 2 are alike. This brewery is no different. They are located just south of Santa Fe and they are visible from the I25. They are celebrating there 25th year in business. When we stopped by it appeared they may have been some tensions within the folks there none the less my husband decided to try the sampler tray. He found he really liked several of the beers and others not so much. I would have liked to take a tour but nobody offered one and I didn't see any signs stating they had any. One of my favorite things about many of the craft brewing companies is many of them make gourmet soda or root beer. I really enjoy a good brewed root beer. You may or may not have a calling for it but as a DD it's great to be able to drink a good gourmet soda or root beer. Overall an interesting place to hang out and have a couple if beers.