“"Best coffee in town" - says it all”

Holy Spirit Espresso
Ranked #2 of 37 Coffee & Tea in Santa Fe
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Bill Deutsch's sign says it all - "Best coffee in town" - and it is. Just 5 seats and 2 tables outside, you'd better hope it's not one of the rare rainy days in Santa Fe when you visit.

Try the little bite-size cinnamon buns which he occasionally has, too. Just the right size.

4  Thank BrianRelax

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Saw reviews here, so decided we had to try it. We knew what street it was on, and it was small, but couldn't find it. We were steps away from turning back around, and as we were getting to end of street and turning back around, I shouted, "here it is!"
I told Bill make me his specialty, and he whipped up an expresso for me. It was excellent. We also had 2 smoothies, which were great, and daughter had an iced drink she loved.
The owner was really cool and fun. He was giving us a hard time because we were from Oklahoma. We are gonna have to get him a postcard!
Very fun stop. He's a lot of fun!

2  Thank Stepper950
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We Walked Two BlocKs each Morning To Get Coffee From Here. This Is The Best Coffee You Will Get. The Owner Is Quirky, But I Liked That! Our Hotel Actually Had Free Coffee Drinks That Were Pretty Good But We Still Made The Walk To Holy Spirit!

4  Thank JackieTraveler_2013
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Blink and you'll miss it! And, only big enough for one customer or two at a time, this little place is a treasure you won't want to miss. Grab an early morning cappuccino before heading up the block to Cafe Pasquale for breakfast as you'll most likely have to wait outside for a table. We've heard they have excellent smoothies made with organic strawberries grown on their on farm. So much better than Starbucks, really, you'll never go there again!

3  Thank jandktravelers
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am extremely picky about my coffee drinks so when I read that Bill Deutsch served "the best coffee in Santa Fe and that his coffee stand rated #3/409 I knew I had to find this place. Although the place is a virtual small animal den (the space can't take up much more than 120 sq. ft.), most locals near the Plaza will likely be able to direct you to this spot. Just look for the rounded, greenish awning down the road from the Lensic Theater. I found Bill, established a business relationship with him by ordering at least 5 Mochas from him as I visited the Plaza over the course of a weeklong stay. I feel I departed as a friend of Bill's and I came to value Bill as a friend also. I consider Bill a true leftover of the Old West Hole-in the-Wall Gang. Oh, my Mochas were wonderful. Thanks Bill. If you take the time and effort to find Holy Spirit, I'm sure you will enjoy the experience also.

3  Thank Gordon L