“Thought About Not Reviewing”
Review of Shibumi Ramenya - CLOSED

Shibumi Ramenya
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: CLOSED
NM
“Thought About Not Reviewing”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

But then why should I greedily keep this place a secret. Try a noodle bowl, the salmon croquettes and the tempura shrimp, for sure. Then ask the wait person about the specials. Easy walking from any location around the Plaza, just behind the El Dorado Hotel.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank altitude

Ruidoso, New Mexico
“Very unique Japanese restaurant”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is not a "typical" Japanese restaurant - no sushi bar. The dishes are served as small plates, so a group can enjoy a variety of menu items. My only complaint was that my eyes were bigger than my stomach & I could not finish the giant bowl of noodles.

Visited February 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Phenomenal!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were blown away by Shibumi's excellent food. I can't wait to go back and try other items on their great menu. I literally sat there and wanted to try EVERYTHING! The Spicy Gyoza Dumplings were excellent, the grilled pork belly and eggplant was unforgettable and the pork ramen was to die for. I had the saki flight so that I could try three different types of saki (they were all superb). I had no room for dessert, so I need to go back! I highly recommend this restaurant!

Longueuil, Canada
“A hidden gem in Santa Fe”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Shibumi is basically a ramen place, not too far from downtown Santa Fe, but it's not that easy to find...Our party of three had planned to go to a Thai restaurant but since it was relatively late at night (past 8), the restaurant was closing and refused us. In desperation, we consulted our smartphone and found the Shibumi which was still open. But we were obliged to sit at the bar...which was a disappointment, at least to me (my wife and daughter didn't think so!). We told our waiter to make up a meal for us...which may have been a mistake, since it left him in total control of our meal. Luckily, his varied choices were all excellent...and we were served a series of varied small dishes...so many I can't remember them all. The meal was topped off by a huge bowl of ramen...which we couldn't finish, in light of all we had already eaten. Each dish was carefully explained by the most competent waiter. Of course, all of this came with a price, but in light of the quality of the food, the total bill was more than reasonable, at least by our standards. I highly recommend the Shibumi.

• Visited October 2012
New Mexico
“Low key and delicious!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Loved it. The food was really tasty and the atmosphere was pleasantly relaxing. We will definitely be returning here frequently!

Visited October 2012