TripAdvisor

from $107.00
from $107.00
from $125.00
More Info
All reviews guide nick food stops enchiladas blue corn muffins new mexico chocolate shop olive oil shop green chile stew santa fe cuisine lay of the land mexican food old town albuquerque great guide fun facts final stop kakawa chocolate house his knowledge
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2017

Carlos was our guide on this really fun tour that included a great range of food (and drink) along with stops at some unique food shops and stories of Santa Fe's long history. We sampled everything from a killer margarita with delicious enchiladas, rice and beans to Santa Fe-style pizza and ended up with chocolates at Senor Murphy's. This is a great introductory tour to take if you are new to the city, we were glad we took it at the beginning of our stay since it gave us good ideas about where to eat during the week. Carlos, a chef with a clear passion for food and his city, was able to give insight you couldn't get in a guide book.

Reviewed May 4, 2017

Our guide, Nick, is a personable, knowledgeable, professional young man. The cuisine was unique and delicious. Restaurants were in Old Town, so easily accessible and walkable.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed May 3, 2017

My wife and I are pretty good at picking out spots using web reviews, etc., but sometimes nothing beats word of mouth or even better having your own personal guide. Carlos led us to 5 or so fantastic restaurants in Santa Fe that we would not have visited otherwise. I would recommend doing this on your first day in Santa Fe because you'll find some places you'll want to revisit for lunch or tapas.

Our guide, Carlos, was very personable, friendly, knowledgeable, and totally in tune with the local restaurant scene. He had a great rapport with each restaurant's chef and staff which made us feel like special insiders. We visited spots such as Georgia, La Boca, the Hive Market, and others...Definitely do this on your first day just in case you're worried you might revisit a spot you've been too already. If I had another day, I would've definitely visited La Boca again.

The guide managed to combine town history, food history, and restaurant history all into an enjoyable package as we leisurely strolled around Santa Fe. The ticket price is worth it. Never do I get to eat at so many awesome restaurants in one single day. Definitely recommending this to my foodie friends.

-Jon

Reviewed April 30, 2017

Loved this experience. I think the late April snow actually enhanced the experience. We sampled food at three different--wonderful--restaurants, stopped at a honey shop and an oil/vinegar shop, and ended up having a delicious cup of hot chocolate at a chocolate shop.

Carlos is the very best kind of guide: knowledgeable, experienced, and funny. You realize he must repeat everything several times a week, but it sounds like it's the first time!

I would definitely recommend the tour--well worth the money--and I'd love to do one of their cooking classes next time.

Reviewed April 26, 2017

I took my 16 and 18 year old - we ALL loved it! Easy walking, wonderful tips and stories as we strolled, great information about the food and restaurants! Carlos is warm, friendly, personable and makes everyone have a great time! And he was a chef so he really knows food! We totally recommend Food Tours and would do it again if we went back. A great way to spend a few hours! Thank you Carlos!!!