“Amazing service, great food and drinks, and family friendly”

Plaza Cafe Southside
Reserve with OpenTable
Plaza Cafe Southside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 587 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: From the moment you enter our doors, you'll be getting high quality service the old-fashioned way. At Plaza Cafe Southside our bright and enthusiastic waiters love to see you happy, so we do whatever it takes to make sure you enjoy your visit. In addition to our delicious food, Plaza Cafe Southside is known for our friendliness and efficiency. We guarantee that we'll get your order to you both fast and hot! Plaza Cafe is a family owned and operated business. The Razatos family has kept the traditional cooking methods and flavor combinations of New Mexico and added some recipes from Greece, all the while keeping with the classic American diner experience. Come in and try our delicious food, and see why so many people in Santa Fe call Plaza Cafe Southside their favorite restaurant! We look forward to serving you and your family.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We love the Plaza Cafe Southside. While the one at the Plaza is classic, Southside has better cocktails and more room. The service is great and it begins when you walk in the door. The hosts are always smiling and make an effort to seat you quickly. You can have breakfast all day, there are lots of gluten-free options, and its a great place to bring kids of any age.

4  Thank Buffalogirl41

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Our hotel steered us to this place for dinner and it was very good. The menu states grass fed beef and free range eggs. Everything is homemade including the baked goods which looked wonderful! They offer gluten-free buns and bread for the sandwiches. We ordered Mexican dishes which were very good and plentiful. The salads I saw nearby were huge and beautiful as were the burger plates. We would come again.

1  Thank RitaMpls
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Felt like having breakfast for lunch today and visited this restaurant for the first time. Food is good and plentiful, service efficient and friendly, and the space is very nice. My only complaint is that it seems a bit overpriced. When I have to pay $13 plus change, not counting tax and tip, for bacon and eggs and a cup of coffee, that doesn't make me want to come back too often. Judging by the pace of business, with a line waiting to get in on a Monday, either most people don't mind the prices, or everyone was out for the Holiday break and going to the movies next door.

4  Thank QuakerBoy
Reviewed December 29, 2013

When the wait time for two of our favorite downtown restaurants exceeded one hour, we found this southside restaurant on tripadvisor through our cell phone. Thank goodness! It had great service and good food. The 50's homage on décor with old cars and signs was nice, although I prefer northern New Mexico atmosphere. The food was very good, although no blue corn. Make sure to have a cell phone map because it's tucked away behind Lowe's and the Regal Cinemas on south Cerrillos. Not hard to get to, just can't see it from the road.

3  Thank LMom1
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We ate here at the suggestion of another traveller at our hotel. The food was very good, a New Mexican style of American food. The service was good too. However, I did not like the atmosphere, it was too bright and had a 50's vibe. It didn't seem to go well with the food and the prices. For example, Coffee was about $2.25 and sodas were something like $2.55. There were five of us and our bill came to $123.00. In my hometown I can get food just as good with a better atmosphere for half the price. An 18% gratuity was added automatically. Our ticket said that there were six of us, even though we were only five. I don't know if our waitress did this as a mistake, or as a means to kick in the automatic gratuity. In any case, I paid it because she was nice, but vowed not to return. There are plenty of places in Santa Fe with better food at more reasonable prices. I can't recommend the Plaza Cafe Southside. Next time I will go back to the Blue Corn Cafe. I always have a good experience there.

1  Thank Luggnutt