“Expected more” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Plaza Cafe Southside

Plaza Cafe Southside
Reserve with OpenTable
Plaza Cafe Southside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 556 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: From the moment you enter our doors, you'll be getting high quality service the old-fashioned way. At Plaza Cafe Southside our bright and enthusiastic waiters love to see you happy, so we do whatever it takes to make sure you enjoy your visit. In addition to our delicious food, Plaza Cafe Southside is known for our friendliness and efficiency. We guarantee that we'll get your order to you both fast and hot! Plaza Cafe is a family owned and operated business. The Razatos family has kept the traditional cooking methods and flavor combinations of New Mexico and added some recipes from Greece, all the while keeping with the classic American diner experience. Come in and try our delicious food, and see why so many people in Santa Fe call Plaza Cafe Southside their favorite restaurant! We look forward to serving you and your family.
San Diego
“Expected more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were disappointed by the overall food here. The reviews were good so we decided to check it out. The Baja fish tacos were highly recommended and coming from Southern California, we KNOW what good fish tacos taste like. These were a disappointment! Good thing I got the pickled onions on the side which were awful. The fish tacos were very bland and very skimpy on the cream sauce which wasn't all that great.The rice was dry and bland with no flavor. The beans were okay but nothing to brag about. The BEST thing that wasn't on the menu but we asked for were the Sopaipillas. If I could do it over, I would just have them!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Marie C

Boulder, Colorado
“NOT FISH AND CHIPS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Having lived in Santa Fe from 2004 to the Spring of this year, I have had ample opportunity
to enjoy great and not-so-great meals throughout the city. While Plaza Southside is newer
than the old Plaza on the Plaza (which remains closed following a fire, opening only for a movie production a while back), the food is far superior than anything that was ever available in the
old spot (run by a relative of Leonard). It is definitely a locals hangout. Without exception, every
meal I have eaten there has been attentively prepared from fresh ingredients. It's not just breakfast, though. Leonard has made several extended trips to Greece and has introduced
some great entrees strongly influenced by his travels, not difficult for him as it seems that everything he introduces is great. His New Mexican entrees always are special and the portions
are huge. The waitstaff are attentive and accommodate any substitution I've asked for and I am really a picky eater. I can speak to their desserts as their meals have been so enjoyable and large I've never had room. As to the decor, who cares? It is immaculate and kid friendly.

• Visited March 2012
7 Thank saberke
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“I Forgot How Good Their Breakfast Is....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

You know, I am not wild about the look of the Southside Plaza Cafe. A little too "chrome-y" or slick or something. I am TOTALLY not sure why they thought they needed a big bar area. That looks crazy to me. Totally don't get it. They don't even stay open late. I stopped going forr a long time, though I loved them on Cerrillos and I love the one downtown.

But recently I went there because Tribes had done SOME kind of cleaning and the place stunk to high heaven and they denied that it did. Well, it DID. Thankfully Tribes smells normal now. But on one of those stinky days I went to Plaza Cafe and ordered the Chile Relleno Omelette, and, man, is is good. I had forgotten that. I sometimes think breakfast is breakfast, but a really mediocre breakfast at the otherwise hip and cool Grove in Albuquerque reminded me that Plaza Cafe is just a really great breakfast place, speaking of the food. And you take half of it home for the next day because it is huge. Good to remember. I will be back. The place DOES need a patina, though....still too shiney new.....

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Docwahoo
US
“Amazing Unique Breakfast Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We went here for breakfast and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the service of this restaurant. The menu for breakfast had many options and every single thing our group ordered was fantastic. The chilaquiles were amazing and even their oatmeal was some of the best I've eaten. Every dish was cooked fresh with quality ingredients. The portion sizes were generous too. Our server was very attentive. This is definitely one of my favorite breakfast places.

• Visited September 2012
6 Thank love to travel t
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“plaza cafe southside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Attention: tourists : this is where the locals eat.... Just as good as any east coast diner......owner Leonard is very helpful in arranging dinner for your dietary restrictions............. .from Tesuque Big Mouth.....

• Visited September 2012