“Best guide in Santa Fe - look no further!”

Santa Fe Mountain Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Santa Fe Mountain Adventures is an outdoor adventure company offering customized guided excursions for individuals, families and groups. Join us on a spectacular hike, experience mountain biking in the high desert, or go on a 4WD Adventure in our Pinzgauers. We offer scenic cultural tours to Bandelier, Puye, Abiquiu, Taos, and more! We also offer Downtown and Mountain Scavenger Hunts, and arrange exhilarating white water rafting adventures and calming fly fishing tours. Come enjoy the beauty and diversity of New Mexico, whether it's adventure you seek or an enriching cultural tour - one place, many paths.
New York
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 171 helpful votes
“Best guide in Santa Fe - look no further!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I went to an incredibly beautiful hike in the Tent Rock National Monument with Santa Fe Walkabouts. Sue and Georges provide uncomparable experience to those who choose their service. Their service is unique also because they cater not only to families and groups, but to solo travelers as well. As a solo traveler, I frequently encounter the usual "we'll go if we have 1 or 2 more people to join you". Not with Santa Fe Walkabouts. George will take you to a hike of your lifetime and we'll provide non-intrusive company and all the information you want. He is highly personable and intertaining companion. He also has a good sense of what you will enjoy and taylors the trip / hike accordingly. Sue is wonderful in suggesting options for hikes, tours and other activities, and provides absolutely impeccable service. She keeps in touch with you to assure that all your questions and needs are taken care of. This dynamic duo is a true Santa Fe gem, and will go above and beyond to make you happy! Highly recommended!

Visited February 2013
4 Thank newyork62

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Outstanding hikes and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

George and Sue provide superlative service. Sue provides detailed and helpful guidance, and George is a fun, informative, and personable guide. Hikes are tailored to your tastes and abilities. Their level of service and accommodation is above and beyond any other guides I've used. During my second hike, I was already plotting to add a third! Kudos. I look forward to returning so I can hike again with Santa Fe Walkabouts. Excellent experience!

San Francisco, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful trip to Chimayo and Tsankawi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Sue and Georges are amazing and knowledgeable hosts. We had a wonderful time visiting Tsankawi and Chimayo. They are prompt when emailing, incredibly personable, and flexible...so basically all you could ask for from tour guides. I highly recommend Santa Fe Walkabouts if you are looking to get to know NM for the first time or see a familiar place in a new way.

Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Epic!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

It was so amazing! Gorgeous scenery and really a great adventure. Our guide was really nice. We got to stop a few times and walk around, plus we learned some interesting things about the areas we were driving through. All in all we had a fantastic time.

Lubbock, Texas
“Snowshoeing in the morning, Four Wheeling in the afternoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Top notch service! My son and I had a blast going on a 4 mile snowshoe adventure at 10k feet in the morning with Georges. Then we went four wheeling with Georges in his Pinzgauer, a Swiss Army 4x4 that can go anywhere and do anything! The planning was top notch, Sue stayed in close contact making sure we were going to have a day of fun that we were looking for! Overall Santa Fe Walkabouts is a guide service that I will recommend to my family and friends when visiting the Santa Fe area.