“Hike with a Geologist as a Guide”

Outspire Hiking and Snowshoeing
More attraction details
Owner description: Nature, geology and history come to life on the trails around Santa Fe with Outspire Hiking and Snowshoeing. Alpine trails to high desert canyons are our specialty.
“Hike with a Geologist as a Guide”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hike was amazing. We took the 3 hour Tent Rock hike. Our guide, Scott, was a geologist and taught us all about the formations, different rocks (now I know what rhyolite is!!) and volcanic faults. He even provided choco covered peanuts for a snack. Yum!! I would totally recommend this hike.

Visited May 2013

Carrollton, tx
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“dayhike”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I wanted a guide for a long dayhike in the Santa Fe area and Outspire was able to arrange everything. I'm fairly experienced at hiking in the hills but was not familiar with the Santa Fe scene, so thought a guide could pick something that I probably wouldn't find on my own. Everything was smooth and easy working with Outspire. I think Karen answered the phone each time I called (I was calling as we drove from Dallas), and we arranged things by phone and by email. My guide, Scott, was knowledgeable, capable and pleasant, and he gave me a few options to fit my interests and conditioning.

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Wonderful mesa-top hike with Karen!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This big city girl really wanted to get out and experience the high desert of New Mexico---Karen's careful questioning led to the perfect hike and a lovely day! We deep a bit of steeper climbing to explore a mesa opposite Los Alamos. She was super patient as I turned over every single rock I could find and pocket. Karen knew so much about the biology and geology of the area it was also a wonderful (and easy) education of the volcanic history of the Santa Fe area. I loved this hike and can highly recommend Outspire to anyone looking for experienced outdoor guides! I'll use them again, definitely.

Visited April 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Karen Dennison - Great Guide”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Karen was extremely helpful planning and then implementing our requests for hiking certain trails. I could tell she spent time prior to us arriving figuring out which trails would be best suited for us. We have a young family with kids ages 5,7, and 9 and she was great interacting with them, teaching them as we hiked. Well worth the money.

Visited March 2013
San Antonio, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“1st time Snowshoeing!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

After many trips to Santa Fe, my family and I decided on trying something new. I am so glad we did! I found Outspire Hiking and Snowshoeing online, read the reviews and made my reservation. Karen answered all of my questions and our guide Scott was great! My teenage sons were not bored and loved the adventure! We would use Outspire again!

Visited March 2013