“Beautiful and informative”

Outspire Hiking and Snowshoeing
More attraction details
Owner description: Nature, geology and history come to life on the trails around Santa Fe with Outspire Hiking and Snowshoeing. Alpine trails to high desert canyons are our specialty.
Concord, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful and informative”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Karen from Outspiring was very good about picking a hike that fit our situation since it was winter and I was 4 months pregnant. She picked us up at our hotel in Santa Fe and had all the equipment we would need, plus snacks and water. We hiked a mesa in Santa Fe for about 4 hours and asked a ton of questions about the area which Karen answered fully. We have never been to this area, so we had a lot of questions. We came to Santa Fe to see the beauty and to learn more about the area which was exactly what we received from our hike. We would love to visit another location in Santa Fe with Outspiring. We saw more and learned more than we ever would have on our own.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank jjadams77

Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overall and enjoyable experience”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We booked an early December snowshoeing trip. The trails were a little thin on snow - but that is to be expected in early December.

This was our groups' first snowshoe adventure - the guide made it very enjoyable and gave a good explanation of what to expect.

One of the best things was not having to worry about all of the gear and planning! It was nice to just show up and have somebody else worry about food / water / gear and plan the route.

One Con - I think we could have done a more strenuous hike - but that's tough to judge through emails and phone calls - better for the guide's to error on the cautious side since altitude can cause issues with some.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Lisa W
Bend, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Totally worth every penny!”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

This was my first trip to Santa Fe and since I didn't have a lot of time, I chose to take a hike with Outspire. Shirley was my guide and the hike more than met my expectations. The hike was challenging but relaxed; Shirley was so easy to talk to; the weather was perfect, and we even saw a golden eagle! Definitely a two thumbs up!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank David R
Breckenridge CO
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Don't miss hiking (or snowshoeing) with Outspire!"”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

A day spent with Karen was fabulous. She is very knowledgeable about the geology, wildlife and history in the Santa Fe area ... fun to talk to and to spend time with. (She even had some very good hiking tips.) For a really great visit don't miss this one!

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Evie H
Bonita Springs, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“What a View!”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I read the great reviews about "Outspire" on "Tripadvisor." I spoke to Karen about hiking while visiting Santa Fe, New Mexico. This was our 4th trip to N.M. so questions were asked concerning area of interest. Also, and most importantly, any physical limitations and/ or ability level. She recommended "Chimney Rocks" at Ghost Ranch!!! ( aka Georgia O'Keefe's place!) It would be an all day trip. We would have a well seasoned guide named Jon! It was an hour drive from downtown Santa Fe. Such a beautiful drive it was ,with the changing landscape! Our guide gave us some history and background about the trip. Jon was most enjoyable! What a marvelous place of beauty Ghost Ranch was! Beautiful layers of stone wall all around the ranch like grand Canyon! The hike was total of three miles up to the "Chimney Rocks. The rocks literally look like tall chimneys. Our guide supplied water, raincoats and
back packs to put it all in. Oh, we'd stopped on the drive, and bought sandwiches for lunch afterward! Good running shoes were all I wore for the hike.
Probably what I like least was the thin air in New Mexico. I waited 3 days to book this hike ! Needless to say, my breathing was a bit heavy on the climb, which was a bit challenging at times...Up at the top we took a break and took photos! Wow! It was a wonderful day with Outspire Hiking! It was a trip to remember!

Visited October 2011