“A frustrating disappointment” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A frustrating disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

This "luxury" hotel is no more than a fancy hostel. Do it yourself check in, no front desk, no room service, no fulltime employees, absolutely NO service. There was no hair dryer in the room - there was a coffee pot but no coffee and no one to get any for me at 6am. The place was actually creepy in that there was no one around. I felt very unsafe. THEN, a month later I got a "Resort" fee charged on my credit card. I called the owner and left a voicemail. I got an email back that the charge was correct and that he wan't going to do anything about it. There are SO many better choices in Santa Fe that actually care about their GUESTS and don't treat them as a charge on a credit card..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank kreichenthal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

When we arrived and checked into the room, we found the pillows and bed sheets were dirty, unwashed, and stained, the bottom sheet had hair and bodily fluid stains which I photographed. There were two dirty wash rags hanging on the shower curtain hooks. An exterior window was located in shower/tub area and had a window curtain you could see through into the shower/tub area from the alley way outside; there were half full large bottles of body wash and shampoo in the shower area. We were then given a second room and found the pillow and sheets were pilled, dirty, and stained as well which I also photographed. The bedding in both rooms had obviously not been changed since the last person slept on them. I booked this Nightmare Hotel on Hotwire as 3 star property, THIS IS NOT A 3 STAR HOTEL it is a remodeled boarding house type 1 Star Hotel at best. Because we were arriving after midnight I called the Hotel at 7:00 PM to give a courtesy notification of our arrival time. I spoke with Gordon who is the owner and he asked for my credit card info for incidentals which I stupidly gave him over the phone, Gordon gave me the building and room door codes over the phone so I could just let myself in on arrival. I later found that Gordon had billed my card for over $30 in resort and booking fees in addition to and separate from the Hotwire charges. Upon arrival, we parked in a small parking lot down an alley way and behind the hotel as previously instructed by Gordon and entered the Hotel using the building door code and found there was no Hotel employee on the property, while we were unloading the car, a group of young people that had been out partying came down the alley way, one of them introduced himself as Gordon, he helped me carry in one bag, showed my wife the hotel communal kitchen and living area, then left a few minutes later with his entourage. There was no employee on the property to contact when we found the dirty bedding. When I confronted Gordon by phone with the dirty bedding problem, he said the rooms were clean and that since I did not take up his offer for a 3rd room, he would not give me refund, and told me his Hotel was a 4 star resort. Gordon later left me a voice mail message and again told me there would be no refund and that he would probably bill me additionally for “Wear and Tear” on the room, I assume this meant pulling back the covers and exposing the dirty bedding. The Luxx Hotel in Santa Fe has serious cleanliness issues, questionable security access and safety issues, and immature kid for an owner who handles customer service issues by denying they exist.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank trextx
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

We stayed here for a weekend and loved it. We have been to Santa Fe several times and found this place to be perfect for our needs. The location cannot be beat and the service was exceptional. I actually purchased it through Hotwire for a very cheap price and then called to talk to them in order to arrange my arrival. The rooms are clean and well decorated. The common area is great and nice to relax in. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple