WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Luxx Hotel

Luxx Hotel
Ranked #18 of 40 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Very Good, great value in downtown Santa Fe!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

Obviously the review above from "Bobby_Zempki" is some kind of psycho-obsessive crush-gone-bad. It is incredibly difficult to find lodging close to the Santa Fe Plaza at a reasonable price, and this hotel fits the bill perfectly! The check in/check out is different from most hotels, but Santa Fe is nicknamed "The City Different"...embrace it. Location is awesome, love the swanky decor, next to a great coffee, sandwich and sushi restaurant. Safe downtown location and steps to the Plaza with lots of awesome restuarants and nightlife. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Sierra Vista, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

I agree with several reviewers that this is an odd kind of hotel--kind of like a bed & breakfast without the breakfast and without the host. I only saw someone when I tried to check in at 6:00 pm. The young fellow said he didn't know if the room was ready and it did look like the rooms were being cleaned. I had to go to a meeting at 7 and he said that was no problem, he would get me the information re which room I was in and the key codes. The hotel is located across from the Public Library. Although it is "close" to the Plaza it is in an area that is quite deserted at night. If you are not familiar with Santa Fe, you might feel spooked, but don't be. It's safe. I arrived back at 10:30 pm and found the gate into the property, key code worked fine. I used the same key code on the door into the hallway and also to my room. I hope that each room had a different key code! The room is decorated in a kind of Eastern New Age style. Not really upscale but okay for a night. The window looked on to the alley, which was not great but oh well, I just went to bed anyway. When I left the room at 7: 30 am there was no one around at all although I did hear noises in one of the other rooms. I sent a text to the number that had texted me the night before saying that I was leaving and thanks but didn't receive a reply. Would I go back? Ummm, don't think so. There are other hotels in Santa Fe that I like better. But for the night it was fine. Nice toiletries, coffee fixings and Perrier water in the room, dog biscuits (but not people biscuits) in the lobby. There is no free parking but if you arrive after 6:00 pm and leave before 8:00 am you can park on the street.

Room Tip: Be aware that all of the rooms are on the ground floor but it is very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank SFNM28
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Though a bit unconventional, we enjoyed this hotel. I agree with previous comments about this being more like an "inn" than a hotel -- seemed very informal. The staff person we spoke with when we checked in was friendly, but there isn't someone staffing the check-in area on a consistent basis. In fact, someone had to go find the guy while we waited. Though our room had some older features, particularly the carpet, it had a unique decorating theme and was cozy. The TV was great once we figured it out (it's Google TV, something we hadn't previously used) -- some instructions for those of us not technologically savvy would help! Aside from it being a quirky establishment, it was great -- and so close to the Plaza and museums. Note -- parking options here are either metered parking (which is free only overnight after 6:00 PM) or for $20 extra, you can park in the nearby parking garage. However, this was during the week when we stayed, so I'm not sure if the meters run on weekends.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

We recently stayed at the Luxx Plaza Hotel in Santa Fe. We were in town for a family wedding and wanted something located near the Plaza. I have to say that the rooms were great. And we loved the free Netflix!

Also, we brought our little toy poodle with us. The staff was very accommodating with your dog. The front desk went out of there way to make our dog feel comfortable. We would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone that wants a downtown hotel. We have stayed at several in Santa Fe, and loved the overall vibe of The Luxx.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a dog going directly out to their back patio.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel is very unusual.
It is very well located in Santa Fe, on Marcy street...just steps from great restaurants and galleries.
To get to the lobby, you need to wind around a hallway between a great Asian restaurant and a coffee shop. The lobby is small and often unattended. It seemed to me a bit shabby.
There is no one on the premises from 10 pm to 8 am. Patrons are given a number to call in case of an emergency. After 10 pm, you must access the property through a gate on the side of he building. Although there is a fridge,microwave, and coffee pot in each room, I had to stand on a chair to reach the coffee pot...only to find it wasn't working. There is no clock radio or phone in the room.
On the plus side , the sheets were spotless, the bathroom was small but clean and stylish, and the staff was very pleasant, courteous and helpful. There is a big screen TV and complementary WiFi.
The hotel was very reasonably priced for downtown Santa Fe. I feel I got what I paid for, but it would have been nice to be able to call the front desk from the room, or get a wake-up call.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank KKD_60
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Amazing hospitality with beautiful rooms. my stay was enjoyed immensely. i cant wait to go back. :D location is to die for! great for any kind of stay. i recommend this hotel to everyone, you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Northern, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

The ranking of this hotel is unfair. This hotel is definitely top notch. The rooms are decorated very well. It's a mix of funky and eclectic. If you're looking for a Marriott type feel, you've definitely come to the wrong place! This feels like an expensive boutique hotel, thought it doesn't leave your wallet empty. We booked last minute, and were given an even cheaper rate than expected. We checked in, they held our luggage for us, and were able to enter the room at 4pm. Though I usually like bar soap and shampoo in little bottles (this hotel has a pump dispenser for the bath gel, shampoo, and conditioner), the quality of the bath products was very good. The location is great, close stroll to everything in town. While parking isn't free, there are metered spots right out front of the hotel. It's free to park from 6pm until 8am. Alex, the general manager was simply amazing. He was nothing short of nice, accommodating, helpful, friendly, down to earth, and very cute. The room we originally thought we were getting on the first night was not available, though on the second day, Alex knocked on our door and told us our room was ready without us having to ask. I misplaced my iPhone charger and Alex lent me a charger without hesitation.

All in all, I would without a doubt return on my next stay to Santa Fe. Stay here! Trust me...you'll be glad you did!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends