WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #18 of 40 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

Great Hotel, wonderful stay. The Hotel was very clean and in good condition. The staff was very friendly and happy to help out. It was nice to see that Gordon the owner was available to answer customer questions and to over see that the staff was working hard. The location is very nice and in the heart of downtown Santa Fe. It is close to restaurants, shopping and galleries great for tourists. The building was very safe, many locked doors at night between You and the streets. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel and am a repeat customer Myself.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

The bad stuff: Not at all a luxury hotel as described, it felt much more like a glorified hostel. You follow paper signs on propped open doors to get back to the hotel, and we met the guy who checked us in randomly in the hallway, all causing a bit of confusion. There was a common kitchen area with spices and cooking equipment if you wanted to go that route, but who does at $100+ per night? We booked through hotwire for a "discounted" rate of around 70, but ended up being charged 32 in fees in addition to that after we checked out in ridiculous misc fees. Parking was difficult in the very small lot behind the hotel. Bathrooms were not updated. The hot tub is awkwardly placed by a walkway between the parking lot and hotel back entrance, making its use unappealing. On our particular night there, we had a yippy dog next door (and thin walls), and the police were questioning the neighbor to the other side of us when we were leaving.

The good stuff: Fantastic location to walk to anything in historic downtown. If you're artsy and offbeat and have lots of money to blow, this hotel is unique and may appeal to you. Google tv and internet access on a very large screen TV with a wireless keyboard was enjoyable. Attention to eco-friendliness in that there are no little travel size bottles of things or plastic cups-- instead there's access to glassware in the common kitchen and dispensers with shampoo, soap, etc. Modern art and different styles in each room.

But, overall impression was just feeling ripped off-- not what we were expecting for the money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kim J
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

We stayed one night at the Luxx and loved every minute of it. The rooms are spacious and wonderfully decorated. Santa Fe Plaza was one block away, very much to our surprise. We could not believe that they also had a little kitchen for visitors to use if one wanted to spend a night in rather than going out. Unfortunately, we had only time for one night, wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: We had room #1 which was actually 2 rooms, so we had our pick as to which room to stay in.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Pine, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

Owner/Manager needs a great deal of help. He and his staff need to take a little pride in their appearance. The Owner/Manager comes dressed in dirty jeans; the desk clerk wears a flannel shirt two sizes too small. The lobby is filled with clutter around the desk, not very neat needs to be picked up. The rooms had no dirty clothes/laundry bags, no telephones. No drinks (water) in the fridge and no Ice was available. If there was an ice machine it was well hidden. The beds had comforters which were wrong side up and one of the beds didn’t even have a top sheet. The shelf over the sink in the bathroom was loose and when I put my glass on it it slid off and fell into the sink and broke. The parking was hard to find and when you got to it there were no designated parking spaces. The lot seemed to be blocked off with some sort of trash cans tied together. Handicapped parking slots were not accessible and covered with snow and ice. On the way in to the entrance you had to go through the BUDDA LOUNGE outside smoking area. The BUDDA LOUNGE was an Airstream travel trailer in back of the building. To top it off you had to pay an additional “Resort Fee” on top of the nightly room rate. Over all I would stay at one of the interstate hotel/motel chains out by the interstate.

Room Tip: Stay at the LaFonda on the Plazza.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank pamandray2002
Bloomington, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed at the Luxx hotel Feb 9. I read the positive Trip Advisor reviews but now question what I read when I received an email before coming that I could win something with a positive review. This calls their high ratings into question.
We did find the rooms comfortable and well appointed and the location very convenient to historic Santa Fe.
The hotel office is hard to find (a room in the middle of the hotel which you need a code to get into) and not staffed much of the day--until check in time so if there's a problem, you're on your own. They have phone numbers listed but they're not answered much of the time. The price was very high and in trying to resolve a difference about a voucher credit, my calls were never returned and when I continued to call, was hung up on.
The physical attributes of the hotel are good but the hotel management's service negates that.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank GFNDtraveler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Luxx hit me like a left hook of genuine hospitality. On the last leg of a lengthy southwest road trip my fiancé and I were taken aback by the all around quality of our Luxx experience. The overwhelming ambitiousness of the service and decor left us floored. The original artwork is phenomenal and in combination with the uniquely modern amenities formed a perfect recipe for an unforgettable stay.

• Stayed February 2012
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

2 days ago I book my room to this hotel trough priceline.com I never been to this location, so after deep researches I choose it for 2 reasons location and incredible price $99.
I was deeply impressed by the fact that after a few hours after my online booking, not only that I receive my confirmation e-mails from priceline and LUXX hotel, but the staff from the hotel call me. The friendly tone almost confuse me...:), they call me to ensure that the room meets my necessities and if I need any special accommodation or I have any preferences regarding the room. They offer to assist me and explain me the reservation invoice.
So friendly staff that I can't wait to visit them. So far THANK YOU LUXX HOTEL.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family