“Different style of hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luxx Hotel

Luxx Hotel
Ranked #19 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Different style of hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

There mix reviews on this location but just wanted to get away for a night. Luxx hotel came up in Priceline so I book it. I agree that there were charges I wasn't prepared for while booking it threw priceline.com but they were mention in a way.
Priceline quoted me $70 bucks a night. First plus, I was surprise since this location was in the heart of downtown Santa Fe. Walking distance to everything I wanted to check out. I shortly got an email after booking that my room was getting a free upgrade from a Queen suite to a King since all Queens were booked. Plus number two, Since king suites were going for twice the amount I was book at. Then the bill showed up $69.99 for the room + $10 booking fee + $19 resort fee + taxes totaling to $113. for one night. Talk to the owner Gordon which was a nice guy since he was informative of the area gave us some referral's on some places to check out. Also some free stuff to local restaurants, Showed us around and didn't hover us. I was excited on the little things the place had to offer like Google TV HD cable, Bluray, Free WiFi at a very high speed. I liked that this place had a different self service vibe to it. Yeah the additional amounts weren't planned but for just a get away it was a nice experience. They have to change up the wording thou since it comes up as if each suite comes with it's own Jacuzzi. There's only one on the property that's in the back. Parking took moment to notice but their right just enough room for guess of the hotel only. *This place wouldn't be enjoyed by older couples in the 40+ area*

Room Tip: King suite #8 in the corner of the building towards the back. Make as much noise as you'll like...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I stayed here for several days over the Christmas Holidays and had an absolutely fabulous time. The rooms are uniquely designed, with clean and modern bathrooms and a great communal kitchen that makes it super easy to make a quick meal or drink whilst chatting with other guests and hotel employees. The internet/TV is equipped with just about everything and anything you could possibly need.One of the best parts? The friendly fellow guests and staff. The staff particularly provide great insights and recommendations to places to venture in the city - both day and night. I love Luxx and will definitely recommend to any visitor/traveler interested in a unique experience - different to your typical Mc-4/5 star-hotel.

Room Tip: The staff will help recommend a room based on your needs.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stayed one night for an event before the Christmas holiday and it was a disaster. When we first arrived, the first room we were given actually belonged to someone else! -We punched in the security code and found that the room was occupied! We had to find someone to give us another room, and then discovered we weren't going to get what we paid for. We were promised a two-room suite that could accommodate 4 adults. -We paid extra to have two king or queen beds but when we finally received an (unoccupied) room we found a twin with a trundle pullout instead. When we complained, the person who we made the reservation with was not around and the person on duty said they were sold out of rooms and basically told us we were S.O.L. We had no choice but to keep the room. We went to our event and returned late at about 2:30AM. We were set to go to bed and discovered that the trundle bed had no linen! We looked around the closets and the entire room and found nothing. Since this is not a traditional hotel, there is no front desk to call and no one was around to ask for linen. I slept on the bare trundle mattress and covered myself with my coat. When I went to complain in the morning, the owner didn't give a care and said that I could've called his cell phone (as if I knew this fact by osmosis some how) and he would've brought some linen. No apology was given, and he refused to credit our account for the lesser room or for the inconvenience of having to sleep on a bare mattress. He actually told me, "I don't know what you want me to do about it now". He was a complete [--] and I can't believe he runs a business. I've received better customer service at a two-star roadway motel. Also, the room was dirty, the towels smelled like mildew and like another reviewer said, a microwave and a mini-fridge do not constitute a kitchenette. We stay in Santa Fe several times a year and will be certain to NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank ABQ77_11
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

over the Christmas holidays, i had visitors, and decided to treat them to 6 nights at the luxx hotel. they had one suite and one very large king room. everyone was thrilled, the service was excellent and the owner, Gordon, put time and attention into the entertainment and guidance for my guests....it was a very lighthearted, fun, week and much credit goes to the luxx for contributing tremendously to that.

Room Tip: ask to see photos of rooms. all quite different but all unique and comfy.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Okemos, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Luxx for two nights in December. I was on business while she enjoyed Santa Fe. Our room was clean, spacious and well equipped. The staff was very courteous and helpful.

If you are expecting a standard corporate hotel room, you may be better off at the Hilton on Sandoval. The Luxx is an eclectic boutique hotel with a limited number of rooms and services. It is a good value and very close to the Plaza, as well as many very fine restaurants and shops.

Santa Fe is the City Different, and the Luxx fits right in with that theme. I plan to return there on my next trip to New Mexico.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Great Value here for the money. This hotel is a great choice when in Santa Fe. The location is awesome; it’s walking distance to down town. The bedrooms were decorated uniquely. The internet TV was wonderful. The bedrooms were comfortable. The staff is very friendly. The kitchen is accessible to make breakfast for the young one with us.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

We booked a room at the Luxx Plaza Hotel and Suites in Santa Fe, as a place to stay in town while searching for permanent residences. We had a tiny bit of difficulty actually finding the hotel, but after driving a few circles around the Plaza, we found the sign and the parking lot behind the building. We were EXTREMELY impressed by the quality, style, and service. The Luxx truly is a hidden gem in Santa Fe; very chic, laid back, and cozy, while literally just a few steps out the door to the Plaza!! AND there is a hip little coffee shop just outside the lobby area. It was a perfect place to rest our heads in the Land of Enchantment!! The sheets on the bed even glowed, due to the static electricity, but I still think it was magical!!
Thank you so very much for a pleasantly wonderful stay, we hope to stay there again soon!!

Room Tip: Room 15 had a mini kitchenette and Google TV, with internet and cable!! Very nice.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple