“Slacker Haven”

Ranked #18 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Randolph, Vermont
“Slacker Haven”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

So I get to the hotel at 8:50 PM - I had a reservation. No one is there, There is a piece of paper on the external door with two phone numbers to call. First one is a local number; I try it and the answering machine picks up and says it is for a sound engineer or similar thing. I leave a message. Second number is a 603 area code, I try it and get no answer and leave a message. So now what? Fortunately there was a neighbor upstairs who was able to get a hold of the second person, and the "manager" called me and told me the code to enter for my room and the external door. The info I got from Southwest Airways said free Wifi - of course one needed a code and there was no one around to provide us with that. I did not see a staff member until the third day.
The room was clean, the location convenient, but expect nothing from the staff, including checking you in.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Jimgreenleaf2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Totally enjoyed this slice of LA style in a great Santa Fe location. The owner, Gordon personally thanked us for staying there. Loved our room..decorated in rich purple tones with animal prints accents. Good micowave/pizza oven & HDTV in room . Long staying guests have access to kitchen.If you want "Santa Fe Style" this is not the place.Marcy St is the ideal location!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet & have no view..New property..it all looks good
Edmond, Ok
Reviewed October 18, 2011

This was not a good experience, the hotel was fairly clean but you could never find anyone when you needed them! I was explained to that it was a service yourself hotel basically. Do not book through Expedia because the prices they quoted and the price I was charged was $50.00 different with no resolve! It is close to the square which is all I can say for it! Yes, and I along with some of the previously visitors from this website met Gordon, whom I got no results from either when I called to inquire about the overcharge. He tells me they have a $20.00 lodging and parking fee plus some other charges not quoted by expedia! So folks looks like The Luxx needs to drop the fees raise there quoted fees and dispense with this silliness if they want to stay in business in Santa Fe!

4 Thank MsAMuseBouche
Edmond, Ok
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This was a last minute decision to stay here! It was a very odd hotel, with a very relaxed if not 70's feel with a group of Hippies running it. Very nice people with very laid back attitude and but could notfind them whenwe need to check out. They called it self-check out we found out later. This hotel is set up to be a self serve. The rooms are clean, and very quiet, slept well, but very odd with a buddism appearance and decor. Not a bad place, but not my choice if I had other choices! Great location for downtown activties within walking distance.

scottsdale
Reviewed October 2, 2011

My wife and I had a last minute decision to weekend in Santa Fe forgetting that it was Balloon Fest in Albuquerque. All our usual favorite hotels were booked and we made the unfortunate decision to click through on Kayak.com and reserve two nights at the Luxx (at $250 a night).
Conveniently located at the intersection of Washington and Marcy, but with a parking lot that is nearly impossible to find , this warren of rooms surrounding a two story atrium had been a B&B and probably would be better off as one.
This is not “real” hotel in that there is no staff, no front desk and generally no one around to fix things. There are an equal number of parking spaces as rooms, so if anyone double parks you are out of luck. We ended next to a tree that limited entry into the car.
For $250/night you might be shocked to be assessed a $20 per “resort fee,” especially since this is not a resort. Among the “not’s”: no paper, no free coffee, no breakfast (there is a communal kitchen). Also, the A/C is turned off on 10/1, so despite Indian Summer you can’t cool the room. There is one window in the bedroom, but without a screen on a first floor room and the ceiling fan didn’t work (a fact know to management we learned). The room is dark and reading is difficult after the sun goes down.
Clearly this property is targeted to a different clientele than 60 something’s, but I can’t believe even the current generation would pay so much for so little. We’ll be more careful in making future reservations. This place is off the list.

Room Tip: Not sure there are any. All seem to be suites with sitting in front, bath middle and sleeping back...
4 Thank dharry
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The staff is super friendly. The rooms are decorated beautifully, showcasing local artists. The downtown location is in walking distance of most attractions, and only 2 blocks from the Santa Fe Plaza. Be sure to visit Ecco Gelato & Espresso while visiting, it's a "must try" gelato and coffee shop.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
jersey girl
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We were in town for a few days for a workshop at the convention center. First of all, you can't beat the proximity! The fact that it's not owned by some large conglomerate added to its charm, and we liked getting to know the owners and their families.

The room had such great feng shui that we immediately felt relaxed from our long days at work. I loved the suite setting, where the bedroom was tucked away in the back, allowing us to keep most of our belongings in the front parlor area. The kitchen was great! I hate using microwaves, and so having a stovetop where I can heat up food was so helpful.

I'll be back at the Luxx!

Room Tip: Rooms 1 through 5 are definitely suites.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business