“What a welcome dose of luxurious comfort and laid back atmosphere!”
Review of Luxx Hotel

Luxx Hotel
Ranked #18 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
jersey girl
“What a welcome dose of luxurious comfort and laid back atmosphere!”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We were in town for a few days for a workshop at the convention center. First of all, you can't beat the proximity! The fact that it's not owned by some large conglomerate added to its charm, and we liked getting to know the owners and their families.

The room had such great feng shui that we immediately felt relaxed from our long days at work. I loved the suite setting, where the bedroom was tucked away in the back, allowing us to keep most of our belongings in the front parlor area. The kitchen was great! I hate using microwaves, and so having a stovetop where I can heat up food was so helpful.

I'll be back at the Luxx!

Room Tip: Rooms 1 through 5 are definitely suites.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Gunnison, Colorado
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is a nice comfortable small hotel situated in the center of Santa Fe. May not be suitable for children but excellent for couples. People at the hotel were very nice

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 20, 2011

so.... i'm an Irish music industry exec scouting for a location for one of our artists to write an album and gain inspiration from their surrounding environment to do so... I was on that mission and stumbled upon the Luxx in Santa Fe NM. Wow. what a great hotel in one of the most spiritual towns on the planet. lovely vibe with a wonderful mix of people & beautiful rustic rooms in the heart of Santa Fe. your a walk away from just about everything you could want here, but as you wander back here in the evening you are most likely to meet wonderful friendly guests on your way back to your room. none more so than Gordon the owner, a very sincere down to earth and friendly gentleman who's only concern is that your having a good time and you have all you need during your stay at his wonderful warm and welcoming hotel. needless to say i'll be bringing the band to stay here on my return. Check it out, you wont be disappointed...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I am glad I found this site so I can vent about The Luxx! This place was a very poor excuse for a "hotel". More like an old rooming house that someone is attempting to renovate. Our room was filthy. Carpet was so dirty we could not walk in bare feet. Once we checked in we had to run to grocery store to buy soap, kleenex, shampoo and cups. Only half-used nasty bottles of shampoo in bathroom. No coffee pot. When I went in to "community kitchen" to look for coffee, I almost gagged from garbage and dirty dishes piled high in the sink. No cleaning service to bring fresh towels or even empty trash. Disgusting! We were driving across country, and this was our only bad experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Travler047
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Ibooked the room for my wife a few weeks in advance. the tracel co. said the books showed it to be a 3-4 star hotel -WRONG. When they arrived the room was smelly, my wife said it smelled moldy , mildewed. In the one room the coforter was noticely dirty, but one of the two in the front room had blood spots on the comfprter. there were cob webs around the cieling fan, and corners,a the carpet had some stains .They went to the front desk, NO PHONE IN ROOM, and had one of the staff come look at the room, they also had trouble with the sink draining. After he was told of the problems,NO OTHER ROOM WAS OFFERED!!!. He just asked my wife, daughter and sister-in-law to leave foe awhile and he'd take care of it. that was about 4:30 P.M. When they returnede about 9:30 P.M. they found the blood spotted comforter gone but nothing else was done. My wife called me to see if the travel company could help since the staff did not seem to care. I had my wife send my daughter to the frontdesk to get the conformation #, THE TRAVEL AGENT TRIED TO CONTACT THE OFFICE A GOT A RECORDING SAYING THY CLOSED THE OFFICE A 10:00 p.m. mY DAUGHTER WENT BACK TO THE DESK ABOUT 9:40, AND IT WAS CLOSED. tHEY DECIDED THE TO LEAVE BECAUSE THE ROOM STILL SMELLED. They were able to find another hotel room around 10:30 that night. The next day I contacted the travel agent Many times and the could not get a reponce. My wife called me that after noon 6/20/2011 one of them had picked up a business card that had the owner's name phone# and e-mail. I e-mailed him listed the problems, and asked for a refund.. He called me late that night, to say he was standing in the room and it did not look dirty,and offered to comp my family the first two nights,if the came back. I told him they had changed thier mind and were only staying one more night then leaving. He said that if they came back for that one night he would upgrade thier room,which I told him did not make sence to pack-up move and un-pack for one night. He told me if he had known there was a problem he would have taken care of it that night. He said he was there that night loading his airstream for a trip.Well when I talked to my wife that next day, her sister said she had to get the men loading the airstream to move so she could have room to back up . If the owner who was one of the men loading the trailer got to see three women loading thier bags into a pick-up at 10:30 P.M. and getting ready to leave, and Not Go OVER AND ASK WHY THEY WERE GOING AT THAT LATE AT NIGHT does not seem interested in coustomer service at all. The travel company has tried to contact him for a refund, since they only spent a total of 2 1/2 hours in the room, and he told the travel rep. they were offered a up-grade, but refused it, WHICH IS A LIE!!! The only up grade offer was made to me the following night. They also charge $20.00 a day to park in thier parking lot, or you have to park on the street, just another plus for coustomer service. Since the trouble started I started reading some of the reviews left on YELP.COM. That week before thier sewer backed up inmany rooms, and this was when a wedding party had booked several rooms. read the reviews, bathtubs , carpet, and hallway soaked with raw sewage. But as you can read in those reviews not offer of help, or comp, or cleaning one writer asked the maid to clean the sewer covered tub and she did not, now how good is that for guest comfort, also they said they would be charged $10.00 for fresh sheets. I an still working on getting the money back . No srevice was provided and they did not stay one night, The owner said they have a 14 day cancellation policy. As I told he you would have to have esp to know what a mess you'd find 2 weeks ahead of time. I still have several places to write and call before this will be over. The other poorly treated guests, may have stopped with just a bad review of the hotel, BUT I WILL NOT, as I told the owner when we talked if he would return our money, we.d call it a wash, and leave it at that, but i guess he thought I'd go away but I don't plan to. Check several differnt sites to get a true review of this hotel, and the go find yourself a better ,and less costly one that takes care of thier guests.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank jackb56208
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Great location located downtown Santa Fe. Most rooms have a refrigerator (half-size...not the small mini-bar size) and a Microwave/Oven. There is also a community kitchen available to all guests.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Tampa Bay, Florida
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I have read some of the negative reviews and disagree strongly. We were misinformed by Hotels.com that there were in-room hot-tubs. Gordon, who was not obligated to do so, made things right with an upgrade to a comfortble, beautifully decorated suite. There is a good Spanish restaurant next door and a good sushi restaurant and coffee/gellato shopon property. The staff was friendly and helpful and responded instantly to requests. Some people don't appreciate funky and would probably be happier in a Motel 6. The Luxx captures the friendliness and atmosphere of Santa Fe and is our new Santa Fe headquarters. I mean, where else do they invite you to use the laundry, kitchen and office computer?

• Stayed June 2011