“A unique hotel experience in the City Different”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Luxx Hotel

Luxx Hotel
Ranked #18 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A unique hotel experience in the City Different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

Coming through in the off season, I secured a large, beautiful, clean and well-appointed room at an amazing rate. The property is in a prime location downtown within a few blocks of the best shopping, restaurants and nightlife Santa Fe has to offer. Guests are offered free use of the large and comfortable indoor lounge, the outdoor patio and jacuzzi, the beautiful professional kitchen as well as the laundry facilities. I was provided with ample fresh, clean high-quality towels and exceptionally comfortable high thread count sheets. A few of the rooms are currently in the process of being renovated, although I can't imagine what else they might need, already furnished with large end tables, desks, mini-fridge and toaster/microwave oven, as well as HD flat screen with blue-ray. This is a unique and funky hotel experience that fits Santa Fe perfectly.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

me and my girl friend took a trip from Chicago to Arizona
we stayed in Santa Fe
Luxx Hotel provided us the best room. they took care of us
great rooms and great service.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Brunswick, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

Electricity was off at this hotel through 10:45 pm on Christmas Eve for the night of our two night stay. Proprietor refused to credit our account when requested. We were forced to seek other accommodations. Our Christmas Eve celebration was ruined. Hotelier claimed it was an "Act of God" and The Luxx was not responsible for our loss or the inconvenience of having prepaid and being forced to purchase a room at the Hilton on top of the $300 we'd already paid to The Luxx. We have requested a credit from CitiBank as The Luxx still refuses to issue credit. The Luxx failed to provide accommodations as agreed.

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank dnatravels
gordonfree, Owner at Luxx Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
The guest chose to cancel there reservation "same day" on Christmas Eve because they heard the power was out" when in fact it was on when they arrived. In addition, our policies clearly state the following: "We are not responsible for “Act of God or City/State.” No refunds for weather, electrical, water etc." This is unfortunate because the guest never actually stayed at Luxx, however was disappointed that we "did not" refund their $ because they decided "not" to stay with us, therefore a "negative" review seems unreasonable. Anyway, the guest stopped by at 10pm on Christmas Eve & told our manager Gary that they heard the power was out so they did not want to stay. Gary informed them that the power was indeed on when they arrived and their suite was ready for them, however it appeared they booked another accommodation and chose not to stay. The reality was that we were 100% sold out & our policies "do not" allow cancellation less than 14 days. In addition, we offered the guest a furture credit, however did not hear back. We are "very" disappointed that this guest has not returned our calls, nor reply to our emails. Our goal & reputation is 100% satisfaction. Truth is that you can't win them all, although we continue to stive to! Gordon@luxxhotel.com (Owner/Designer)
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

If you are traveling with your dog and you would like to stay in a fun, trendy place-this is it. Gary and Gordon are very accommodating in this clean, nicely renovated property. The rooms are decorated beautifully, the beds and pillows are really comfortable and it is quiet! There is fine dining just steps away and it is only one block to the plaza, but if you would like to cook at the hotel there is a fully stocked, restaurant quality kitchen for your use. Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2011

My colleague and I had a great stay at this hotel. We quickly met much of the staff, and they were quick to help us with questions about the area and recommendations about what to do around town.

Our rooms were comfortable, spacious, and nicely decorated. The Luxx served as the perfect place to crash after a long day, and we'd be quick to come back. We loved that the hotel was just off the plaza, and within walking distance of great food, great shopping, and great attractions.

Additionally, the hotel attaches to an excellent coffee shop, which was an added perk on early mornings.

We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

This "luxury" hotel is no more than a fancy hostel. Do it yourself check in, no front desk, no room service, no fulltime employees, absolutely NO service. There was no hair dryer in the room - there was a coffee pot but no coffee and no one to get any for me at 6am. The place was actually creepy in that there was no one around. I felt very unsafe. THEN, a month later I got a "Resort" fee charged on my credit card. I called the owner and left a voicemail. I got an email back that the charge was correct and that he wan't going to do anything about it. There are SO many better choices in Santa Fe that actually care about their GUESTS and don't treat them as a charge on a credit card..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank kreichenthal
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2010

When we arrived and checked into the room, we found the pillows and bed sheets were dirty, unwashed, and stained, the bottom sheet had hair and bodily fluid stains which I photographed. There were two dirty wash rags hanging on the shower curtain hooks. An exterior window was located in shower/tub area and had a window curtain you could see through into the shower/tub area from the alley way outside; there were half full large bottles of body wash and shampoo in the shower area. We were then given a second room and found the pillow and sheets were pilled, dirty, and stained as well which I also photographed. The bedding in both rooms had obviously not been changed since the last person slept on them. I booked this Nightmare Hotel on Hotwire as 3 star property, THIS IS NOT A 3 STAR HOTEL it is a remodeled boarding house type 1 Star Hotel at best. Because we were arriving after midnight I called the Hotel at 7:00 PM to give a courtesy notification of our arrival time. I spoke with Gordon who is the owner and he asked for my credit card info for incidentals which I stupidly gave him over the phone, Gordon gave me the building and room door codes over the phone so I could just let myself in on arrival. I later found that Gordon had billed my card for over $30 in resort and booking fees in addition to and separate from the Hotwire charges. Upon arrival, we parked in a small parking lot down an alley way and behind the hotel as previously instructed by Gordon and entered the Hotel using the building door code and found there was no Hotel employee on the property, while we were unloading the car, a group of young people that had been out partying came down the alley way, one of them introduced himself as Gordon, he helped me carry in one bag, showed my wife the hotel communal kitchen and living area, then left a few minutes later with his entourage. There was no employee on the property to contact when we found the dirty bedding. When I confronted Gordon by phone with the dirty bedding problem, he said the rooms were clean and that since I did not take up his offer for a 3rd room, he would not give me refund, and told me his Hotel was a 4 star resort. Gordon later left me a voice mail message and again told me there would be no refund and that he would probably bill me additionally for “Wear and Tear” on the room, I assume this meant pulling back the covers and exposing the dirty bedding. The Luxx Hotel in Santa Fe has serious cleanliness issues, questionable security access and safety issues, and immature kid for an owner who handles customer service issues by denying they exist.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple