“the best greek salad with chicken in town” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nile Cafe and Catering Co. - CLOSED

Nile Cafe and Catering Co.
Dining options: Seating
Description: Nile Cafe opened in October 2009 to bring local fresh Middle Eastern food to Santa Fe for an affrodable price. We are a small food cart located in the business district in Santa Fe,NM. We pride ourselves on using local herbs from our garden, grass fed beef and local lamb. Catering your events is also one of our specialties. We also will be a vendor at your local event or festival.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“the best greek salad with chicken in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I went there last Wednesday for the first time ordered Greek salad with chicken and was amazing.I also had falafel appetizer it was the best falafel I've ever had.the waitress was very nice and helpful.the owner was one of the nicest people I've ever met.I will come back again and again.I loved the baklava it was flakey and delicious.

• Visited July 2013
6 Thank Angelica m

“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Nile Cafe after reading some positive reviews. It was quite a sad event. Though there were only two other customers at 3PM on a weekday afternoon, the waitress, while a pleasant young lady, seemed totally befuddled. She began by forgetting to bring the ordered ice teas. When lunch arrived, though my lamb gyros was acceptable, my wife complained some ingredients were absent from her salad. The waitress was apologetic but did nothing to resolve the matter. Finally on paying, she was unsure if they accepted AMEX. Upon determining somehow that the Nile Cafe did accept credit cards, she had considerable difficulty actually putting through a charge , though the owner was seated less than ten feet away and offered absolutely no help to her employee. In frustration, I paid cash for a very mediocre meal and what must be chacterized as a bad, though rather expensive, dining experience.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank LSmithPartners
Los Lunas, New Mexico
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at a condo off of the old Santa Fe trail just a couple of weeks ago. We wanted lunch and thought we would try the small cafe next to our condo. It was a wonderful lunch. The food was delicious. My husband had the Jiro and I had the Moussaka. We started with hummus and pita. The owner came and spoke with us and made us feel very welcome. We look forward to going back and trying their breakfast. We went home with fresh out of the oven baklava.

Visited June 2013
6 Thank Bohosgirl
New York City, New York
“Tiny but Gigantic in food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

This tiny restaurant was just three blocks from the inn. Went for lunch. Was great middle eastern food. Planned to go back for dinner on night but didnt make it.

Visited June 2013
7 Thank Charles K
Santa Fe, NM
“Just like home, only better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Love going to the Nile Cafe. The best Falafel anywhere I have ever been. GiGi is the best hostess and cook. She makes you feel like you are a member of the family.

Her portions are large and it is a good thing, because you always want more. Her desserts are the perfect ending to a wonderful meal.

Visited April 2013