“Great hotel for the money”

Motel 6 Santa Fe Plaza-Downtown
Ranked #41 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Considering the location (walking distance to everything in downtown Santa Fe), this is a great hotel for the money. The rooms are not great (mild dis-repair), but the room is clean, the bed is comfortable and the hotel staff is very nice. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would try to request a room away from the street... it is pretty busy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank person1212
Jay P, Manager at Motel 6 Santa Fe Plaza-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2015

Jay P, General Manager at Motel 6 Santa Fe Plaza-Downtown, responded to this review, March 25, 2015
Dear Guest, Motel 6 Downtown staff and I would like to Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for our location. We value our customer reviews to make our hotel the best for our guests. Also we work hard to do what we can and will certainly address your issues for a better future stay. We hope to see you soon. Thank you for choosing Motel 6 Downtown in Santa Fe N.M.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

First of all the name's a little deceiving. When I booked, I thought it would be great to have a hotel on or near the Plaza so I could enjoy some night life with a short walk back to the motel. Motel 6 Santa Fe plaza is actually 1 mile from the Plaza downtown. I really would not want to make the 1 mile walk back to the Motel after an evening at the Plaza. And there was little around to do within walking distance. Certainly no night life. The Motel is located on a main road, so there is a bit of traffic noise at night.

Other than being disappointed in the location (based on the name) this was an average Motel 6. A good value for the price. When you pay $39/night for a room, you really shouldn't expect too much. The room was clean, but a little cramped. I had the TV on the first night and within 20 minutes, it went to a full red screen with good audio. I was able to turn it off for a couple minutes to get the picture back, but it only lasted another 15 minutes. I called the office and they said Maintenance would look at it the following day as it was already 7pm. I later discovered that if I left it on the red screen for about 10 minutes, the picture would come back. The TV was replaced the next day as promised by the office staff. The rooms are a little worn and showing signs of age. Had I known the location was not near the Plaza I would have stayed at a Motel 6 on the south side of Cerrillos Road where I stayed last year. It seemed much newer and in better condition. The neighborhood seemed safe and nice enough.

Overall, I got what I paid for. This was a "value" trip and I stayed at a "value" Motel. If you're watching your budget and don't mind being further away from the Plaza than the name suggests, this Motel 6 will probably suit you fine. I had no major complaints.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jay R
Reviewed January 20, 2014

It was a perfect weekend with great weather. The hotel was clean, comfortable and well stocked. It had a frig to put our drinks in. We really enjoyed our stay. Great parking. Within walking distance of downtown.
Great place!!!

Room Tip: Great place. Very clean and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Barb W

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Sure beats the hastles and expense of the other hotels near the plaza when it's crowded in town with special things going on. My room looked like it had been fixed up recently with fairly new furniture.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Tex s

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed late November, there was a blob of dog barf on a bed! The bedding was thread bare. The internet was out all night (there was a storm). No coffee at 6am. The heat was fine but the door had daylight showing below. Rooms here are in desperate need of updating. Parking is tight and crowded but if you can park in front of your room it's great. No easy dog walk access.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Marie Coté T
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Pretty close to downtown and some great ' local ' dining spots .. room was clean and relatively spacious.
The staff was super friendly and helpful.
We had a downstairs room .. # 121 .. parking 10 feet away and great for the money.
if you want to save your dough for food and other stuff in Santa Fe this is the place

Room Tip: Ask for what you want !
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Nhukri
Reviewed October 5, 2013

If you don't need fancy, this place is fine for the price. We had a good experience for the one night we stayed here. Large room with fridge and cable TV. The place needs some updating but it felt safe and it's nice to park right by your room. No pool. Friendly front desk.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple