“Great Hotel”

Hyatt Place Santa Fe
Ranked #16 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed in a King Room. The Hotel is pretty new and has a nice modern feel to it. The staff was really nice and helpful. Had a problem with the TV and the staff came right away to help. Asked for a pizza place and was given several menu's. Ask for directions and they were provided. I also loved the breakfast bar which was well stocked. The hotel offered eggs, sausage, pancakes (french toast the next day), cereal, yoghurt, fruit, bagels, toast, coffee, various juices. I was simply great. The bed was very comfortable and the rooms was very clean. I absolutely loved the shower which could have accommodated 4 people (if you wanted to lol). I also like that they are environment conscientious. The close was a bit small but sufficient for my use. The hotel is not close to the downtown and sightseeing are but still in not far about a 10 - 15 minute drive. It is however close to several restaurants. The hotel offers a pool and hot tub as well as a workout center and office area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Frenny7

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My initial room smelled very badly like body odor so I asked to be moved. Staff was very friendly and accommodating (I'll give them that!) and moved me to another room. Unfortunately that one smelled as well (even though it was on a completely different floor!), and the refrigerator was missing. It was late and I was tired so I decided not to request a third move. After taking a shower I was brushing my teeth when I noticed the water had a milky consistency to it - it was completely white and opaque. I called the front desk and was told not to worry about it and that it was normal for Santa Fe; however, when I asked the local family I was visiting they had no idea what I was talking about! My bathroom also had ants which was off putting. The combination of smell and ants made me question the cleanliness of the room overall. I stayed 4 days and I actually dreaded going back to my smelly and unclean room each evening. It really turned an otherwise delightful vacation into a somewhat so-so experience. It is also a quite a drive away from the plaza (20-30 minutes depending on traffic).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank jmhpr
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Hyatt Place in Santa Fe recently. Pay attention when trying to get there. Cerrillos Road run through town, but the hotel is not right on the road. You have to see the smallish sign or know that it is near Wagon Road and a tire place. The general manager met me on arrival. The hotel is clean and has a well lit parking lot. Very consistent with the better Hyatt Place locations I have visited.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Chris K
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband and I were in Santa Fe in January of 2014. We were there for five days. These are the friendliest, nicest people. Always willing to help out immediately. The rooms were very clean and I am a clean freak! If we are ever in Santa Fe again, this is the only place we would ever stay at.

Room Tip: I agree, unless you are looking for it, it is kind of hidden. They were redoing the spa and pool wh...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Connie W
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The staff at this hotel from the manager, assistant manager (Diane), front desk clerks, and housekeeping were all so friendly and helpful. My flight arrived late and the hotel shuttle had stopped running. The hotel paid the cab fare. I also had some issues with the heater in the room. Brandi came right up to help me out with it. The breakfast in the morning was better than some other chains that offer a morning meal. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The hotel is near the airport too. The next time I am in Santa Fe I will stay here. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Ann Marie D
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We only had one problem with our stay, used shampoo in our shower.
We loved the size of the room, the indoor pool, breakfast buffet, and location. Definitely a pet friendly hotel, a few people had their dogs with them in lobby & in dining area. (If you have a pet allergy, this might be good to know.) We had no problem with the pets, but it did make us a little homesick for ours.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Spent two nights here this last weekend. Make sure you are looking for it as it sits back from the road and the sign is in true southwest flair very subdued. The staff was polite and check in was only ruffled when we tried to input my loyalty number. Technology...lol. Room was cookie cutter typical of the Hyatt Place and was clean. Pretty busy place Saturday night so not as quiet. Sunday night was better. Overall, I enjoyed the stay and would probably stay here again when in SF.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the hotel (away from the road and all night convenience store) would be m...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo