“Great choice”

Ranked #17 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We were traveling with our two college age boys and loved the spaciousness of our room! The divider allowed us to sleep even while the boys were still up. There were plenty of outlets for our various electronics and the sofa with ottoman was great for relaxing. This hotel is a short distance from the plaza area but was still very convenient. I am on a low sugar diet and especially appreciated the low sugar yogurt and oatmeal choices that were part of the complimentary breakfast. They even had a bowl of complimentary fresh apples in the lobby for snacking! The beds were very comfortable, even for someone with back problems. The only negative was trying to regulate the room temperature during the wee hours. No matter what the thermostat setting, the fan turned off and caused me to wake up. Still, the beds were so comfortable that I got a good night's sleep. We will return to this hotel when we return to Santa Fe with the family!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Neill B

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We selected the Hyatt Place while visitng Santa Fe because they offered a shuttle service to the downtown historic district where parking can be difficult and expensive. This was my first experience with a Hyatt Place and I was so impressed that I will seek out this chain when traveling. The rooms are suites with the beds and living area (couch and tv) separated by a partial wall. Everything was clean and bright. Breakfast was well run with alternating hot selection of oatmeal or biscuit and gravy (as well as other selections). The shuttle service was confusing though because it required reservations to go and be picked up but no one told us that until the last day when we downtown waiting for it to show up, we called the hotel and they sent the shuttle right away. Just make sure you ask about the details of the transportation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank cyclecindyw
Amy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for your review, and your kind comments! It was our pleasure to serve you, and we are looking forward to your next visit to the Hyatt Place in Santa Fe!

Best regards,
Amy

Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here last year not long after it was open and loved it. But the hotel is showing a little wear in just a year and the staff is not as sharp as when they opened. In our room the wall trim on the room divider was torn away and housekeeping hadn't gotten all the hair off the bathroom floor. But otherwise we still had a great night sleep on wonderful beds with feather pillows. The room was spacious and quiet and the shower had good water pressure. Breakfast is excellent with the staff making hot biscuits and lots of variety from which to chose. We'd love to see the management raise the bar back up a bit as this was a phenomenal hotel when it opened and better than most Westins, Marriotts and Hiltons we stay at for my business trips.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jmk773dgt

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments and learning about your experience with us. I'm sorry that you felt that the service has slipped since your first visit. Please know that the entire staff is re-committed to providing superior guest service. I am certain that on your next visit, you will find everything exactly as you expect. We are looking forward to serving you again soon!

Best regards,
Amy

Reviewed June 7, 2012

The staff was so welcoming and friendly. The Manager was hands on and so helpful in his suggestions for good local restaurants. A little out of town, but with the terrific shuttle service, we didn't have to use our car or ever worry about getting where we wanted to go. They even came to pick us up after a show in one part of town to drive us to a restaurant in another part of town and then came back after dinner to take us back to the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Elaine A
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Nice, clean, convenient place on the far south end of Cerrillos Road. If you do not need Santa Fe style or need to be close to the plaza this is a great choice. Be sure to double check your reservation the day before if you book on line. I saw that comment in other reviews and I am glad I called; they had the days wrong. They corrected immediately with no issues. This hotel is located directly behind Horseman's Haven Cafe.....my husband's favorite breakfast spot and very popular with the locals. Only down fall are the beds. They are very uncomfortable. I got up and slept on the couch. Better beds would change my vote to 5 stars.

Room Tip: Verify your reservation before you go.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RTR24
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We ended up staying at the Hyatt Place because it was next to where our car was being serviced after we were towed in from a neighboring town. The staff used the shuttle to take us wherever we needed to go. My husband wanted some oatmeal for breakfast instead of biscuits and gravy and a staff member offered to make him some on the spot. I have stayed at other Hyatt Place properties so had come to expect the large rooms and comfy, almost homey surroundings. Having had the difficulties with our car, however, the friendly staff and welcoming surroundings were particularly appreciated. I know this property takes great pride in the quality of customer service provided and it has really paid off. Thanks so much.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Debbie H
Amy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you for your very kind comments! I am so pleased to learn that our staff took great care of you during your visit. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Amy Moriarity

Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed may 5th, went down to eat breakfast at 930, the breakfast said sorry they were out of gravy, the biscuits were cold, the melon bowl was empty. There were alot of hungry and disappointed people. In fact, the softball team that was staying here had to go I Denny's to eat!!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Lanvf2345

Thank you for your comments! I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations with regard to the breakfast offering. While we do our very best to ensure that we are adequately staffed and prepared for a busy breakfast morning, we realize that we ocassionally fall short of this goal. Please be assured that we are working hard on this issue, and we truly value your feedback. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. It would be our pleasure to serve you again!

Amy Moriarity