“Quintessential Santa Fe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tabla de Los Santos

Tabla de Los Santos
210 Don Gaspar Avenue, In the Hotel St Francis, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)
+1 505-992-6354
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tabla de Los Santos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 519 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Water Street
Description: It is our mission to offer contemporary American cuisine of the highest quality with a focus on seasonal flavors. We strive to acquire organically grown ingredients for our creations, including the freshest fruits and produce from local Santa Fe and New Mexican Farms.
Santa Fe
“Quintessential Santa Fe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Tabla de Los Santos is located in the Hotel St. Francis. There is an intimate bar, a richly appointed indoor dining area and a lovely outdoor courtyard with trees and a fountain. Prices are in the normal range for Santa Fe restaurants although I did think the appetizer prices were higher than average. The restaurant offers specialty cocktails and my dining partner ordered the Agave Way with chili infused tequila. It was so good that she ordered a second one for her dessert. We tried the mac & cheese lollipops mainly because I was curious. The gouda based mac & cheese are wrapped like a ball around popsicle sticks and then flash fried and served with a chili mustard sauce. Total fat fetish but delicious! I ordered the scallops and although there were only three large sea scallops, they were served on a flavorful bed of lemon risotto with cauliflower puree. This was then topped with greens and a chipotle dressing. It was quite filling and the lemon risotto was al dente but creamy. My partner had the organic range chicken with leek bread pudding. The chicken was moist and flavored with sage. The leek bread pudding melted in my mouth. Dessert was prickly pear flan served with a fanciful carmelized sugar sculpture. The flan was rich, creamy and slightly tart which mixed well with the whipped cream. The outdoor patio was intimate and even though a brief rain shower occurred, we were able to stay dry. Service was efficient and prompt including the hostess drying all the tables after the rain. A nice variety of fish, meat and vegetable dishes completed the menu.

3 Thank KarumbaSantaFe

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Did not meet my expectations.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We could have eaten dinner anywhere in Santa Fe but chose this restaurant based on the reviews. The food was good but not outstanding or especially inventive. The service was friendly but very lacking in some basic areas. For example, salads were brought simultaneously with our soups. We both felt rushed from the get go. Plates weren't cleared before the server showed up with the entree. And then, we had to request utensils. Bread had to be requested despite the fact that bread plates had been preset. All in all, the service was a train wreck. Did I mention that it wasn't very busy and the server spent most of the time hanging out at the hostess station? I don't want another opportunity to try this restaurant but please, do yourselves a favor and properly train the wait staff. Sorry for the negativity but this restaurant wasn't deserving of our once a year trip to Santa Fe.

• 2 of 5 stars
9 Thank grabo
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have gone to this restaurant on a few occasions. The food is excellent. The service is appalling. We sat and waited. The staff just ignored us and I mean ignored. They waited on people who came in after us and after 10 minutes we walked out. I went over to San Francisco Street Bar and Grille and not only was the service excellent there food was very good. I enjoyed a wonderful Grilled Cheese with Pesto.

• 1 of 5 stars
11 Thank Triage60
Houston, Texas
“Great Hotel Restaurant in a City of Great Restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My wife found the calamari and spinach salad so refreshing and good she returned three lunches in a row and returned to find it was not offered in the evening. Beautiful outdoors setting. Service quick and polite.

2 Thank zepper50
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful meal out on the patio!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The food was so good! And the patio was so relaxing. The sound of the fountain after a long day of walking around museums and sights in Santa Fe was the best ever. The service was super excellent. I had a great steak, while my spouse had fish. The steak was perfectly prepared. We were never rushed and spent about 2 hours at that meal. Even though it was in a beautiful, old hotel with table cloths and fine dining, I did not feel out of place in my off-the-street, tourist attire. While I could see dressing up to eat here, I was glad I didn't have to go back to my hotel and change! Thanks for a great evening!

• Visited June 2014