“So Many Reviews - Such bad taste”

Tabla de Los Santos
Reserve with OpenTable
Tabla de Los Santos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 572 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Water Street
Description: It is our mission to offer contemporary American cuisine of the highest quality with a focus on seasonal flavors. We strive to acquire organically grown ingredients for our creations, including the freshest fruits and produce from local Santa Fe and New Mexican Farms.
Washington DC
“So Many Reviews - Such bad taste”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is a top rated Santa Fe restaurant - is everyone crazy. We lived in Santa Fe for nearly 20 years and used to love going to the St. Francis. Visiting for a weekend we decided what better way to celebrate. What a let down.

We started in the bar - only to discover that service has plummeted. With a line forming the bartender spent time talking at length to his current patron leaving everyone else to fend for themselves. It took my husband 15 minutes to get a margarita and he was second in line! Service did not improve during our less than happy hour. To top it off, the margarita was mediocre.

Moving to the restaurant - No bread of any kind was served. We ordered what was advertised as an incredible chili relleno - a single green chili stuffed with heaven knows what - mushrooms we think and served with a tasteless red glop - hardly worth 10 cents let alone $10.

My husband ordered an aged ribeye steak - aged and old are not the same thing, nor was this the advertised 21 ounces. This is our favorite cut of beef and we make it frequently at home. Serving up something that looked like this - pitiful along with the bruised Brussels sprouts. I wasn't very hungry so I opted for only the pork and green chili stew - I am sure it was made with common bouillon it was so salty. Chucks of pork were amble, but chili was spare as were the potatoes. The chunks of meat and potato must have come from a package - they were perfectly square. Coffee had a burnt taste - too long on the burner perhaps? At this point it was anyone's guess. Our server was a young man who was clearly trying to make us happy - but didn't work very well. I felt sorry for him since he was the only one anxious to please us.

We certainly will not be back. This restaurant is banking on its past glory and to say it is poor quality is generous.

30 Thank FormerChicagoGal

• Korean first
Mesquite, New Mexico
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Service is top notch (thank you Carlos Rael for making us feel like royalty)! You get a wonderful view from every table. Price is very reasonable. Gourmet presentation was incredible. Rainbow Trout was delicate, delightful, and delicious. Our dining party also had the Halibut, the Filet Mignon, and the Plato Nativo de San Francisco de Assisi. Raves all around! The Organic Goat's Milk Flan (my favorite), Pastel de Tres Leches, and Chocolate Almond Torte (also very tasty) definitely raised the bar. When you go, be sure to ask Carlos for his top notch Arnold Palmer. I will definitely return (there are so many delicious options to choose from). If you pass this up, you are really missing a treat!

Boise, Idaho, United States
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I recently spent several days in Santa Fe on business. I tried this restaurant because it was attached to the hotel where I stayed. The food was fabulous and the wait staff was incredible. I have no complaints at all and the atmosphere was delightful. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone, and I have been doing that. Carlos, Ben and Eric were great!

Pacific Grove, California
“Wonderful dinner”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal. Lamb chops and asparagus soup were delicious. Price fix great deal. Especially enjoyed our servers Carlos, Ben and Jerome. Thanks Chef Charles for a wonderful meal! We will be back.

Visited April 2013
Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico
“center of attention!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The reviews on this Hotel we viewed were Ok as we viewed so we wanted to give it a try so we checked into this hotel on Saturday night the front desk staff was a great help at getting us a great room with a perfect view towards the beautiful city.We had a little late dinner and Eric greeted us upon arrival and explained the specials perfectly we asked him for a view of the breakfast menu and he highly recommended it the service this evening by Eric was very fine.The next morning we went down to the tabla Alex sat us very promptly and Jerry brought us some nice hot coffee we enjoyed the polenta a big WOW the only problem we had like another guest mentioned to My wife while dining for breakfast on the 22 of april was that seemed like the Leah the morning busser was highly intoxicated we both talked to the front desk staff and we went along and just wrote a review about the good the bad and the drunk!But all in all the service and food was great by Alex,Eric G,Jerry and carlos, and front desk staff Gerik and we loved ur sage drinks Greg.

10 Thank fresno c