“Great Ethnic Food”
Review of Jambo Cafe

Jambo Cafe
Ranked #5 of 565 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: African and Caribbean dishes and specialties from award-winning Chef Ahmed Obo. Jambo Cafe specializes in new combinations of traditional dishes with a decidedly spicy flair. Winner of many awards, "Best Soup" for the Souperbowl 4 years running and "Best International Cuisine" in the Santa Fe Reporter for 5 years. We serve vegetarian and seafood options alongside our chicken, beef, lamb, and goat dishes. Locating in College Plaza near corner of St. Michaels Drive and Cerrillos Road. Plenty of parking.
“Great Ethnic Food”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I visited Jambo Cafe last week with 3 friends who had all eaten there before.
I had the Moroccan Lamb Stew which was served with a side of couscous. The
servings were very generous (I was able to eat about half) and the stew was very
flavorful. It was a welcome departure from the outstanding New Mexican cuisine that is
so prevalent in Santa Fe. The staff was very friendly and very laid back. The menu was varried with lamb, goat, vegetarian and several curry choices. I would definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank sf_lka

“Just "Okay"”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I stopped by Jambo Cafe because we had heard so many great things about it. We went for lunch one day, and I had the Jamaican Jerked Grilled Chicken and he had the Grilled Marinated Mahi Mahi. It was just "okay." For an appetizer we split the hummus plate. Honestly, I've had better hummus at other eating establishments. The restaurant is in a strip mall, and once in there they really haven't done much to make it nice and upscale. Overall I was disappointed. I had heard SO MUCH about Jambo Cafe, and I didn't see what all the hype was about.

• Visited January 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Good and different, but not wierd”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Finally listened to foodie-friends and headed for the strip mall and Jambo Cafe. Great array of flavors, with no spices over-powering. Unusual menu items but not wierd. Soups and mahi mahi particularly good. Attentive wait-staff. Ambiance is Early Dorm Room, but that's not why you come here.

• Visited February 2013
Lubbock, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I visited the Cafe last month. Someone recommended it to me and I wasn't dissapointed. The variety of food is excellent, friendly staff and a cool atmosphere. Coming from East Africa, the food served reminded me of home. If you want to experience African food, pay a visit to Jambo Cafe

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank sam K
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“We are fans”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We live in Santa Fe and eat at Jambo often. It is one of our favorites. They have won the best soup competition in the annual Souper Bowl fund raiser for our food depot three years in a row, and deservedly so. Every time we eat there, there is something new and delicious on the menu, and we find ourselves saying "We should come here more often!" They are always busy, so if you don't want to wait for a table, call for a reservation.

2 Thank abenteuergirl58