“Meh...”

Joe's Diner
Ranked #206 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Joe's Dining is a one of a kind restaurant where local farming and great food come together. Join us for a sustainable, delicious, unique dining experience!
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The pizza at this place is pricey but its pretty good. The restaurant is clean and has a nice atmosphere but what makes this place "meh" is the high prices. The food is good. Its just more expensive than it should be on that side of town. They say they use all local ingredients, which is why its probably more expensive... but you cant get 100% local ingredients year round because they go out of season. I don't NOT recommend the place... but I don't recommend it either.

3  Thank dreeksmonto

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I visit this restaurant quite often but when a friend and I headed over in Marvh-I had forgotten it was the week before St. Patrick's Day...Roland made the most amazing corn beef and cabbage meal-I am still raving 3 months later!!! I will always go back-on my list of top place to eat in Santa Fe, NM

7  Thank Tara326
Reviewed June 9, 2013

went here for first time and thought the all around experience was good. Joe's is in a strip mall location away from the busy-ness of Cerrillos Road and Downtown. Per the "diner" in its name, it is outfitted in a contemporary diner style. In addition to a spacious inside they have a nice patio area outside that is partly covered from sun (or rain, if we ever get some again!). We went for lunch on a Saturday. As we were a little early, the room was nearly empty; but by the time we left it was buzzing.

My wife and I split a green chile burger with fries and a Caesar salad. The burger was quite delicious. You could tell the meat was of a superior quality and the bun was nice as well. The fries appeared to be hand cut (?) and were just right-crisp. The Caesar was on the small side but was serviceable (best in town is at Counter Culture). It had a light lemony dressing but lacked the punch of a really good Caesar. That said, we polished it off.

Service was fine but unremarkable.

Will go back to try more items. Worth a visit.

5  Thank heyU7
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I go for lunch, so don' t really know about dinner service. The daily specials are worth ordering and the burgers made from grass fed and organic beef are wonderful. The kitchen is happy to change anything to accommodate allergies and taste. The mozzarella is made fresh daily. The crust is crispy so no New Yorker would like it with their limp crusts, but for us locals it's great.

Brunch is fantastic on Sunday

7  Thank Helen G
Reviewed May 22, 2013

service was slow and food was weird, lasagna was cold and had some of the strangest vegies I have ever seen

3  Thank dunegoon