“Old Guac” 2 of 5 bubbles

EL CAMPANARIO RESTAURANT
Ranked #344 of 556 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Please add this restaurant. It is excellent and I have a positive review for it,
Santa Fe, NM
“Old Guac”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2010

Wife & I just tried this restaurant.
Had guacamole as an appetizer, fajitas & chicken enchiladas for dinner.
Right away the guacamole looked kinda suspicious. The VERY wilted lettuce garnish told us that it was probably pre-made & possibly sitting in the fridge for awhile.
Nothing special reg. our dinners.
As soon as I left, my stomach felt queezy.
When we got home my wife stated that her stomach felt the same (not knowing my situation).

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank flamtastic

Colorado
“GREAT fOOD...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

...Green chili chicken sopapillas wonderful!!!!!

Service is great...

The Nacho plate is enough for 5 people - portions are huge, both the adult and children's menu.

Everytime I go to Santa Fe - I eat here!!!! A must stop for anyone visiting!!!!!

1 Thank KUMtngal
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best Mexican in Santa Fe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2010

I’m often in Santa Fe, on the prowl for great food. One of the popular places on Cerrillos Rd expanded across the country, and their quality went to zero in Santa Fe. Luckily, almost across the street, I found El Campanario Restaurant, sitting at the cross street of Calle Del Cielo. GPS fans, it’s 35 39.206N, 105 59 695W. I understand the building used to house a Burger King, but it has been wonderfully remodeled. The furnishings inside are beautiful, dark wood, and the floor tile belongs in the home of royalty. I’ve visited 5 times, now, and the place is squeaky clean, and the food is out of this world. The taco shells are homemade, and every dish that I’ve tried is absolutely delicious. They have an outdoor seating area to watch the cars go by. The service is absolutely impeccable, and we have had no language barriers, even though the owners and the staff are obviously from Mexico. Viva la Campanario!

1 Thank RenaissanceRider
Broomfield Colorado
“Great family reciped Mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

Not much to look at from the outside, typical southwest decor. Great Mexican food in a town full of Mexican food. Each dinner entree comes with a sopapilla. They offer posole which you must try, tasty big chunks of pork in a broth along with the corn, much better than the usual beans. Our waitress was more comfortable speaking Spanish but got help when needed with an English request she did not understand. The manager said that the owners are originally from Mexico and the recipes are family traditions. Only downside is they have no margaritas as they only have a beer/wine license.

1 Thank tooth-fixer67