“Back to Earth from Cocoa Heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kakawa Chocolate House

Kakawa Chocolate House
Ranked #2 of 19 Food & Drink in Santa Fe
More attraction details
Owner description: Be sure to visit Kakawa Chocolate House for your custom "Chocolate experience" with daily tastings of our world famous drinking chocolate elixirs. Stay in or take out a selection from our unique artisanal hand made chocolates, elixirs, baked goods and gifts.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Littleton, Colorado
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Back to Earth from Cocoa Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I am a HUGE fan oc Choclate, but not just any old hershey bar will do! You can smell this place a mile away, and since I am constantly on the hunt for the best Chile Chocolate, I swung on it for a try. Turns out they have Lavender, yes, Lavender steamed chocolate in small cups. HUH?!?! So of course, I tried......Still waiting for my feet to touch down.......You'll never be satified with cheapo choco from 7-Eleven again! Some is pricey, some is suprisingly cheap, mostly is just flat out the best place on Earth

Visited November 2012

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best chocolate ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This place is amazing. Ever since I saw the movie 'Chocolat', I wanted to try an authentic meso-american elixir. Soo delicious! My wife typically does not like bittersweet chocolate, but when it's blended with coconut sugar, she loooves it. The elixirs are all yummy, and the chocolate chiles de arbol are divine. I have had a jalapeno coated in chocolate from a local chocolatier in Colorado and it's just unimpressive compared to the magic that Kakawa produces. Best part is, you can order their stuff online, although if you are ever in Santa Fe, I highly recommend a visit. The shop is a warm and friendly place to relax and enjoy some awesome chocolate.

Visited January 2013
Cambridge, Massachusetts
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 195 helpful votes
“It's All It's Cracked Up to Be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Chocolate lovers will think that they've died and gone to heaven when they enter Kakawa. Even people who are not total chocophiles (and I consider myself one of them), will be considerably impressed. The place is very welcoming, offering up tastes of their chocolate elixirs so you can decide what you like. And elixir is an apt name. These drinks are nothing like the hot chocolate you had as a kid. They're more like a fine wine or a well prepared cocktail and definitely geared toward adult taste buds. So many options, and everything we tasted was wonderful. We opted for the American (chocolate, almond milk) and Chili (chocolate, agave nectar, chili and Mexican vanilla) in the 3.5 ounce servings. One of these little cups will be enough to keep you going all morning. And on top of the elixirs, we had a brownie that was easily the best I've tasted in ten years - rich, moist, intensely chocolatey.

Kakawa is just steps away from the start of Canyon Road, and I can't think of a better way to start (or end) a day of gallery visits than with a stop here.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Filmprof
Bloomington, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Marvelous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My friends and I went to Santa Fe couple weeks ago and we visited Kakawa because we love chocolate so much. Originally from Indonesia, we were all amazed by the richness of the chocolate there. We had the American chocolate drink and the brownies was amazingly good too! Definitely recommend this place when you're in Santa Fe and if you like chocolate!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Emelly R
Austin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“This place is a hit for my family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We like that they let you sample the different types of drinking chocolate. The chocolate pieces and cookies were also great. Very friendly!

Visited December 2012