“Easy and Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Louis, MO
“Easy and Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We recently stayed three nights with our teenage daughter. The Hacienda and Spa section is very quiet and peaceful. My daughter had room service and loved it. We had a suite so there were 2 TV's and a fireplace and really nice size patio/deck. The Hotel Santa Fe section has a beautiful bar, restaurant, and patio. The one thing we loved was the free transportation. The drivers were so helpful and it seemed like they were magic, you call and they appear. We would go back, I had thought I might like La Fonda better but after going by and seeing the crowds that are in and out of there I like the quietness and peacefulness of this place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank KristySTL
PaulMargetson, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
I am so glad you had a quiet and peaceful time with us and indeed avoided staying with the crowds!

Many thanks for staying with us - our drivers are waiting for your return!

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The hotel Santa Fe itself is not quite a four or five star hotel, but very pleasant and convenient walking distance from most of the sights and downtown. I understand the more exclusive Hacienda and Spa attached to the hotel is very, very nice, but it is somewhat confusing when you book where you are actually booking! The Amaya restaurant on site was very good, though our server was pretty lame--never brought the bread, warm water, and kept forgetting us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Ian M
PaulMargetson, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
With apologies for the poor service in our restaurant - not acceptable! Perhaps stay in The Hacienda next time and thank you for staying with us!
Los Lunas, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

When we walked in, there was a conference occurring, and it was a bit overwhelming with people walking around, my thought was that we were going to be lost in the crowd. I couldn't have been more wrong. The front desk was AMAZING, I think Karen was her name (I hope it was because she was SOO great), but she quickly greeted us to the Hotel, she pulled up our reservations and we found out we had been upgraded as a courtesy to a suite. She was so pleasant, giving us a map of the property, explaining how the shuttle ran and even giving us some recommendations for some fantastic places to visit. I was really impressed with her customer service. Then we went up to our room and I was blown away with how beautiful the room was. There was two TV's, the bed was so comfortable and everything was super clean. My husband and I went down to the pool and there was cucumber water to sip on while we relaxed by the pool. When we came back up there was a sweet little basket with a couple apples and cookies and a hand written note, thanking us for our stay. It was the sweet touches like this that really impressed me. The kindness of the people working there and the beautiful hotel absolutely has my recommendation.

Room Tip: I have only been there once but the room we stayed in was the Picuis Jr Suite, it was so clean, we s...
Green Features: The Hotel is definitely enviromentally-friendly. There are signs in the bathroom and by the elevators about the water conservation. It was refreshing to see that they care about the environment, especially living in NM ourselves and knowing the importance of saving water when we can.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Christina S
Thank you in return for such an “amazing” review and your kind and gracious compliments are so greatly appreciated and encouraging.

We do not have a Karen at the Front Desk, so it must have been Victoria or Alyssa or Antoinette or Frances?! But hopefully they all equally care for our guests such as yourselves!

bay area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were on a girlfriends trip to Santa Fe. The hotel staff was so warm and friendly that we would recommend this hotel to anyone in a blink. The hotel shuttle service was a blessing. It took us around the plaza and nearby places. The room was nice and clean. The onsite Spa was excellent. The staff actually suggested lot of fun places for us to visit. The food at the restaurant onsite was excellent. Room service was excellent.
All in all I would like to say that we all had a great time at the Hotel and would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: the room in Hacienda is big and bathroom spacious.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank itsgauri
PaulMargetson, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you ladies for staying with us and I am so happy to know you had a fun time and that we took good care of you.

Your recommendation is wonderful! Thank you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here on our family vacation. Beautiful hotel. Our suite was wonderful. Even though it was June, we got to use the fireplace while we were there. Our butler Lubo was fantastic. The hotel is quiet and the beds are very comfortable. I really enjoyed the big soaker tub with its own television. We all had a very relaxing stay while we were there. And we loved the hotel shuttle!!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Juli75452
PaulMargetson, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that Lubo especially took good care of you.

Please come back soon. The shuttle/taxi await you!!

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We came down from Colorado for a nice little weekend getaway. I am glad that we picked this hotel. From the moment we walked in everything just seemed wonderful. The front desk staff was extremely nice and accommodating. The room we had was the Picuris Suite Jr. It was very clean, updated and spacious. Our room faced the pool on the second floor and had a little balcony. It really is a little balcony. 2 people max could fit on ours. One chair comfortably. But cant really complain because a lot of places don't even have the option of outdoor space. One thing i did however not enjoy was the air conditioning unit. Maybe it was just in our room, but every time the air came on the vent made a noise and with it being right above the bed woke me up a few times. The pool was great. It did get pretty crowded around 10:30 am and all the chairs and tables filled up pretty quick. It was a Saturday, but I would recommend getting there a little early for a lounge chair. Overall this was such a great little hotel that I would stay at again and recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle0102
Thank you for coming down form Colorado and staying with us.

I am so pleased to know that we took good care of you but apologies for the noisy air conditioning unit - hopefully you told us about it and it has been fixed.

Many thanks for your recommendation and hopefully you will come down from the glorious mountains of Colorado and visit us again soon!

Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

After spending a lot of time looking for a hotel in Santa Fe to spend my birthday in May I chose the Santa Fe Hacienda Hotel and Spa. I called ahead to order a flower arrangement and fruit basket for a little birthday treat.The flowers were amazing and very beautiful. We arrived a day early and were upgraded to a suite and it was very nice. Clean and comfortable, We brought our own coffee pot as I knew that they did not have one in the room. We drove from Colorado and had a cooler for day trips to Taos.The staff was very nice when we asked their advise on where to go shopping. My friends had suggested another hotel and after driving by it I am glad we chose The hacienda. It was quaint and quiet and very relaxing. I spent time at the pool and enjoyed the beautiful trees. We even used the free transportation. I would go back again to stay at this fine little hotel. There were so many places to eat that we never ate at the hotel.Maybe next time!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Erin L
Belated birthday greetings to you! Many thanks for taking the time to write to tripadvsior.com with your kind comments which are both appreciated and encouraging.

Please do dine with us next time and we hope to see you again soon.

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.