“Zero pretention, high focus on service and quality”
Review of Restaurant Martin

Restaurant Martin
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Martin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 574 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Paseo de Peralta
Transit: The Railrunner from Albuquerque stops a few short blocks from our front door and Santa Fe's public bus system runs right past our restaurant.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I took my wife here to celebrate her birthday and Restaurant Martin delivered in a way that separates it from other high end establishments in Santa Fe. The decor is understated, the service is highly accommodating and professional while still friendly.

We prefer fine dining to be more about the food and service and less about the trappings and pretension. Restaurant Martin exceeded our expectations in all these vital categories.

The food was the ultimate in freshness, inventiveness, presentation and timing.

We enjoyed a relaxing, well-paced meal and felt well cared for the entire time without the coyness and air of superiority so many others overcompensate with to mask excelling at the fundamentals.

A very nice experience and we look forward to our next wonderful experience.

I know some may shudder at my frequent inclusion of "we" in my reviews, but we always share nearly everything we order, so I'm comfortable sharing my opinion as a "we".

3  Thank TimToad123
There are newer reviews for Restaurant Martin

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Had a reservation but unfortunately arrived late. After waiting about 20 minutes they still found a table for us. Food was wonderful and the evening was memorable.

1  Thank milancl
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The food and service were wonderful, but the presentation and composition of the plates were exceptional. The food was notably new-American - a nice break from southwestern cuisine. Restaurant Martin is a wonderful restaurant and a great choice for an excellent dining experience in Sata Fe.

3  Thank ericAtlanta
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were celebrating our 30th anniversary and sat out on the patio, which was very comfortable because of the outdoor heaters. Thanks to Audie, our waiter, for excellent service and some great recommendations. Our dinner was delicious. We will definitely return on our next trip.

1  Thank kkkkathy
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Came here on the recommendation of an in-town friend, and we were glad we came. We started off with the Lamb Shank Ravioli, and got very excited for the rest of the meal after our initial tastes. The wife had the Duck Breast and I the Duo of Angus Beef. The wife definitely won the entree portion of the program. The duck was full of juicy awesomeness. The beef was ok, but I wish I had ordered something else after tasting other items that came out of the kitchen. We also ordered a side of the Crispy Parm Polenta, which was amazing. I'm a huge polenta fan, and this one definitely ranks at the top of the list; it really is good enough to stand by itself. The Pina Colada dessert was the perfect way to wrap up the meal; very light and full of taste. We also had GREAT service, which was punctuated by the enthusiasm our waitress, Graciella (sp?), showed for the food and wine. We were sold on the bottle of wine she recommended asshe gave a fist pump when describing how much she enjoyed this bottle. Would go back for sure!

2  Thank msmcmanus705