“pricey, but great food”
Review of Restaurant Martin

Restaurant Martin
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Martin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Paseo de Peralta
Transit: The Railrunner from Albuquerque stops a few short blocks from our front door and Santa Fe's public bus system runs right past our restaurant.
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We were a party of 14 that went to Martin to celebrate a friend/s B-day. The food was wonderful as well as the wines. The wines were great and the food rich. I can see why they are nominated for James Beard Award every year. The service were excellent.

2  Thank Brian H

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Have eaten at Martin Rios restaurants before and, while never disappointed, have never been overwhelmed. This was not the case at Restaurant Martin. We were a party of six and everybody had a delicious meal that exceeded all our expectations. We tried the salmon, halibut, and pork chops. All were well prepared and wonderfully presented. We can't wait to return. This may be the best meal we've had in Santa Fe since Santacafe was at its peak.

3  Thank Shannydog
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This was the first time I have visited this restaurant that is own by Chef Martin Rios. I have previously dined on his cuisine at Old House, Inn of the Anasazi and Geronimo; all here in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

The location just south of the capitol is easy to find. Some parking is on site. We were greeted and seated promptly. The wait staff is knowledgeable and helpful. This is needed since the menu is both a complex blend of ingredients and offers many tasty treats. We settled for the Bacon & Eggs Hamachi as a starter and the pork and the lamb entrees. Finally finished with the Truffle chocolate desert and a couple of espresso coffees. We washed the starter and mains down with a Burgess Cabernet. Everything was served well and all tasted wonderful.

Overall, a great experience. Suitable for couples, friends, business and even solo. The prices are not fr those on a tight budget. Definitely a special treat to have dinner here.

3  Thank Paul L
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Martin is about the best restaurant in town...lovely atmosphere, exaggerated hospitality and very good food. The best dishes are great, so when a dish fails it is being held to a very high standard.
In my experience, at every visit about 25% of the dishes fail... so sadly, there's always a level of disappointment. I do keep going back, because if I pick just right, I am treated to a dish that is perfectly cooked with nicely balanced, complex flavors and textures. A recent visit....really bad lobster agnolloti....no discernible lobster flavor...even in the two little bits of lobster garnish, superb entrees of lamb done three ways and pork chop, ending up with perfect chocolate dessert. So alas, I've come to expect 75% greatness and am happy for it here in Santa Fe!

2  Thank lv2trvl714
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I opted to go to Restaurant Martin from an article written in the Santa Fe Journal review about the restaurant. It stated "affordable elegance" It was in my opinion somewhat misleading. If it is steak you are seeking, this might not be the place. The dinners were indeed elegant, I had chicken, which i never seem to have at a restaurant, my partner had halibut. The food was subtle in taste, the halibut near bland. I have no idea what the article meant by affordable, yes I could afford the meal, but with our wine, the dinner for two was about 240.00. you decide.