“Gluten-free green chili”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Atrisco Cafe & Bar

Atrisco Cafe & Bar
Ranked #68 of 555 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lone Tree, Colorado
“Gluten-free green chili”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I can't eat gluten, so I am always delighted when I can have good food without the gluten. The salsa was also better than most. I tried chicken enchiladas with green chili, whole pinto beans and guacamole. I was pleased with all of them. The regular green chili was also excellent, according to others in my party. Meals are served with a sopapilla and they cheerfully packed mine to go with packets of honey so my husband could eat it later. One small issue was that all of the juicy food was together on one plate.

8 Thank Denise S

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Our go-to place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

When we are hungry mid-day Atrisco is always fulfilling. Great salads, sandwiches, New Mexican food and a full bar make it the perfect place when we can't decide where to eat!

Visited May 2013
7 Thank Stephani P
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Where locals get their chile fix”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

You can wait for hours to eat at other spots, but none beat this mall-centric spot just blocks from the Plaza and managed by the same family who have other great New Mexican restaurants. Much food locally sourced like the giant red chile lamb burrito -- big enough for two. Breakfast enchiladas are great. You can have it with a mimosa if you are inclined and the server will bring you a miniature champagne bottle to finish off. If it is crowded, belly up to the bar and meet some locals. Service is friendly and efficient. If you have kids, you can hide out at a booth in the back and get the kid's menu, including tacos. Caution: There will be enough fries for the adults to finish up. You can have red or green, but here I'd go with the red. And take care of your server; they are among Santa Fe's finest.

10 Thank TravelbeeSantaFe_NM
Arlington, Washington
“Very good !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We arrived in Santa Fe in the late afternoon and asked about someplace close to our condo. We were half way between old town and the mall. Since it was Cinco de Mayo downtown was out of the question, so our host reccomended Atrisco. Glad she did, food was very good, I did not know what to expect as we are new to "new mexican/southwest". The food is like mexican but kicked up 3 or 4 notches. The portions were ample and the green and red chile sauce was very good, I think I perfer the green thou. One reviewer was a bit snarky about the location and decor..did not find what was posted to be true. Only gave 4 stars due to one visit, prices are reasonable, good value, worth a visit.

7 Thank Bob R
Detroit, Michigan
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Let me preface my review by saying that I don't love Mexican food. I live and was raised in Metro Detroit so a true southwest
or Mexican food aficionado I am NOT. The menu while not huge had mostly Mexican entree's along with a few American and even Greek options. Our service was attentive and provided by several members of the waitstaff. We ordered chips and queso to start with and shared their house special combination plate which included a
Chicken enchilada, chili relleno and a chicken taco. It came with beans, hominy, pesole and a sopapilla. The beans, chicken taco and sopapilla were favored based on what we ordered. While there was nothing wrong or bad about this place, nothing stood out a excellent either. Tax and tip included our bill was $23.

• Visited April 2013