“love it”
Review of Dish N Spoon Cafe - CLOSED

Dish N Spoon Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Housed in Mirador Gallery, Dish n' Spoon Cafe is a local favorite. Beginning on Old Santa Fe Trail and continuing on Canyon Rd, DNS offers something for everyone. Delivery, take out and catering plus access to the chef's private line, insures the customer a personalized experience. Just added...beer and wine plus later hours Friday-Sunday!
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Small little cafe with tasty, excellent comfort food. This is one of my favorite places to eat lunch in Santa Fe if you catch it open at the right hour.

8  Thank StudiosNobhill

Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for a glass of wine as we walked down Canyon Road. Received my wine in a dirty glass with what appeared to be dust from the bottom of the glass floating in it. I returned my wine and while waiting for another took a look around and the tiny place is just plain dirty. Dirty floors dust on all the glasses and bottles cob webs on the windows . Gross. Also the two glasses of water I asked for never arrived.

1  Thank jgregoire
thedishnspoon, Owner at Dish N Spoon Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Sorry, cork sometimes get in wine glasses. Our place is small and sometime the leaves from autumn weather do come into our cafe. Our cafe is fully inspected and it is just mean to call our small mom and pop, " dirty". I do hope you feel better about yourself. I grew up being taught that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Because there's no parking!
I went around the block 2 times before I just gave up looking for a space along any side street closer than 200 feet in any direction, and ended up parking in the "green" zone, taking my chances on a ticket.
They relocated to this location from another "no-parking" location earlier in the year....I guess they like that kind of challenge.
This little tiny cubby of a restaurant is tucked behind a street-side gallery on Canyon Road in Santa Fe, NM has 2 or 3 small tables inside, a few more outside and is a little thrown together and grungy. There is NO handicap accessibility.
The menu is mostly salads and sandwiches. They also have a few daily pastries to choose from. Coffee, tea and all the other usual drink options.
I tried the "curry chicken salad" sandwich. They should have called it the "Curry-Raisin" sandwich with some chicken. But the "Roast-beef and Blue Cheese" sandwich was wonderful. As a matter of fact; I'll try to go back for that one!
The prices were understandable for a Canyon Road location. The wait-staff seemed overworked but otherwise friendly.
Ho-Hum.

3  Thank cupcake22763
thedishnspoon, Owner at Dish N Spoon Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Really sorry that parking was a problem for you. I believe that there is only one public parking facility on Canyon and that most businesses rely on street parking. I do hope the wait staff presented you with our extensive Specials menu. Tourists love that they can eat very well but not pay such high prices...people also ave been receptive to our new beer/wine menu. We adore our location on Canyon! Thanks much and I am glad there are so many other restaurants in Santa Fe that have parking lots.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were exhausted from walking so long in the heat on Canyon Road, needed to rest and drink. Was aiming for another cafe further down the road on the map but we could not walk anymore so it was a pleasant surprise to find this cafe. We only ordered drinks indoor (AC!) but the service was friendly.

9  Thank Ekina1314
thedishnspoon, Owner at Dish N Spoon Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We hope to be offerring beer and wine soon too. Come back and see us!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We watched the chef prepare each dish with skill and the freshest of ingredients. A rustic, quaint atmosphere with personal attention. We were glad we stopped.

7  Thank PainterlyJan

Thank you so much! Beer/wine is coming soon and dinners to follow. Check back with us and again, we appreciate the time it took to write us up!