“Great Espresso!”
Review of mangiamo pronto!

mangiamo pronto!
Ranked #10 of 28 Dessert in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Mangiamo Pronto!, Which means "Let's eat now!", is an old world cafe with the feel of a traditional Italian espresso and wine bar. We serve breakfast, lunch, (and dinner in the summer) and offer espresso, pastries, egg dishes, panini, pizza (including a gluten-free pizza crust,) salads, soup, pasta, antipasti, gelato, wine and beer. Join us for a quick bite or a leisurely meal inside or alfresco on our beautiful outdoor (dog-friendly) patio.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Espresso!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Nice staff, relaxing sidewalk cafe 2 blocks from the Plaza on the SW corner of Old Santa Fe Trail & Alameda. Excellent sandwiches, nice little pizzas and like I said, great espresso! Tables indoors if too hot, or outside under a terrific big shade tree. We liked it!

Visited August 2012
5 Thank Kip M

Chicago, IL
“There Won't Be a Next Time”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I noticed this place as it was directly across the street from where we were staying (the Inn and Spa at Loretto). My wife had a late morning appointment to have her nails done, so I stepped across the street to Mangiamo Pronto to have a cup of coffee and wait. She was going to join me for lunch after she was done.

After waiting a few minutes, one of the other patrons told me that you have to go inside and give them your order. Kind of odd, but when in Rome ...

I was pretty hungry, so I decided to have a little something while I was waiting. So, in addition to my coffee, I ordered the antipasto plate.

I went back outside and sat down. A little while later, a staff member came out, perfunctorily dumped the antipasto plate and coffee on the table, turned on her heel and walked away and I never saw her again.

The food and drink were OK, but over-priced I thought. The *service*, however, left a lot to be desired. I hope that staff member was not expecting a tip, because I had no intention of leaving one.

• Visited April 2012
Lubbock, TX
“Not the same old enchilada”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you grow tired of New Mexican cuisine this little place near the square may be just what you need. With about a dozen tables in a small outdoor courtyard they Mangiamo Pronto offers pasta, sandwiches and salads in a lovely setting. Old Italian movies play on a big screen inside the small dining area where you can also taste samples of gelato. I was a little disappointed in my caesar salad as it was mostly core, but my wife had an excellent spinach and strawberry salad. The pastries were excellent and the sandwiches tasty. The cheese was especially good. The staff is very friendly. Traffic noise was a little annoying at times but that is true of almost any outside dining near the square. We will go back again.

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank darinsamuel
Woodridge, Illinois
“Good food, relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Found this small restaurant after visiting the Loretto Chapel. Loved the salad (amazing dressing!) and tomato melt panini. Had a leisurely lunch on the outdoor patio. Friendly service and very reasonable priced. Also had chocolate hazelnut gelato for dessert -- refreshingly delicious on a hot day.

• Visited June 2012
5 Thank jassy56
Albuquerque
“Good food. Good value.”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

First of all, thank you for being open Sunday afternoon! I had a vegetale panini, and my husband had a salmon bagel panini. Both were good, and I appreciated the amount of goat cheese on mine! There is indoor seating and outdoor patio seating.

4 Thank LibrarianTraveller

Been to mangiamo pronto!? Share your experiences!