“Fine Dining - Excellent!”

Santa Fe School of Cooking
More attraction details
Owner description: Come discover the rich culinary history of the "City Different” at the Santa Fe School of Cooking, the authority on Southwestern cuisine. The School offers a variety of authentic classes and events, including demonstration and hands on cooking classes, restaurant walking tours, and a regional market. Celebrating over 23 years in business!
Reviewed July 27, 2009

My wife and I attemded the fine dining tour this afternoon. There were 16 people in our group and we were able to sample fare from 4 of the best restaurants in Santa Fe, as well as a dish from our host. While the event may seem a bit pricey my wife and I thought it was worth the cost. We sampled dishes that we otherwise would not have ordered, and wine pairings were provided at each stop. This tour provided a nice overview of the regional cuisine and was a pleasant afternoon diversion.

1  Thank westks
in 7 reviews
"food tour"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed March 20, 2009

My daughter and I attended the Chile Armor class with Rocky Durham. Rocky was terrific -- providing a little history, food anthropology and a great knowledge of the subject. A great way to spend an afternoon. Rocky also provided a long list of restaurant suggestions, and the one we picked (mauka) was fantastic.

I'll definitely do another class on future visits.

1  Thank egriswold
Reviewed January 30, 2009

I took part in the Cooking School's Walking Restaurant tour. It might seem a bit pricey at first but it is SO worth the money! I went by myself and made friends with everyone as the afternoon went on. The chef and guide,Rocky, is enthusiastic and knowledgeable. We walked to 4 different restaurants and had wonderful food at each and got to speak with the chefs. The food and drinks were amazing and each venue was different. I would recommend doing this the first day you are here because you will want to go back to the restaurants to eat full meals and now you will know where to go! Our group had newlyweds, groups of friends, and several of us that came by ourselves.

4  Thank ber5408
Reviewed October 1, 2008

Took the Restaurant Walking Tour - Fine Dining today and it was well worth the time (about 3 hours) and money. Start at the cooking school with an appetizers then wander around Santa Fe to four different top restaurants for a back scene tour, meet with key people and enjoy a culinary treat at each stop paired with a matched wine. The whole was fun, informative and tasty. Highly recommend it!

2  Thank Dana4656
See more reviews
Reviewed March 31, 2008

We had 24 people in our class, the most that would fit in the small classroom. The chef, who has been with them 13 years, did not seem to like the recipes he had to use and modified them. This is just a demonstration, no hands on cooking. I love to cook, and I did learn a couple of new things. The food was very good, but not a very large portion. A very nice experiance overall, but overpriced at $70 a person.

1  Thank Rapjoy