“Fun and Informative”

Santa Fe School of Cooking
More attraction details
Owner description: Come discover the rich culinary history of the "City Different” at the Santa Fe School of Cooking, the authority on Southwestern cuisine. The School offers a variety of authentic classes and events, including demonstration and hands on cooking classes, restaurant walking tours, and a regional market. Celebrating over 23 years in business!
Seattle, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun and Informative”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I just got back from a get away weekend with seven other friends we were all celebrating our 50th birthdays together. It had been forever since all eight of us were together. One of the major highlights of our trip was the Tamale II course at the Santa Fe Cooking School. It gave us time to bond & learn something new. Chef Tracy and Chef Noe were entertaining and informative.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Excellant time”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I recently visited the Santa Fe cooking school and attended a class with my husband. I had a wonderful time and learned how to cook some amazing things new things. Chef Tracy and Noah were excellent and great to work with. I highly recommend their classes to anyone who is visiting Santa Fe New Mexico.

Dallas, Texas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Foodie Heaven!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

If you love to cook or if you love to eat, you will love the Santa Fe School of Cooking. The School offers wonderful Southwestern cooking classes in the beautiful new demonstration room, but the activity that had us drooling was the restaurant tour! We began at 2:00 and were shepherded by chef Michelle to four wonderful restaurants: Terra Cotta, Galisteo Bistro, La Boca/Taverna, and Il Piatto. At each location, the chef/owner came out and talked to us about their restaurant, their philosophy of food and cooking and how they run their establishment. Each provided a wonderful array of goodies to sample and a carefully chosen glass of wine to accompany the food. On the way, Chef Michelle entertained us with bits of history about the area and about the local produce. At 5:00, we waddled away, blissfully full and contented. There are three separate tours, each featuring a different group of restaurants. This is a can't miss activity for the food lover in Santa Fe!

Calgary, Canada
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 215 helpful votes
“Super time! We had a blast here.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We actually organized our trip around the taco-making course that we signed up for. We had wanted a hands-on course and this taco class fit our schedule.

The two chefs were great. Started the class with a description of some of the products and a bit of history, then we rolled up our sleeves, put on our aprons and got to it. There were about 12 in the class.

We all worked on the various parts of the making and cooking with the two chefs helping out and circulating to check what we were doing. We made two kinds of tacos (flour and corn) and also made 4 different taco fillings. Then we got to eat it all!

Chefs were great, everything was well organized, timing was super. I had wondered how much I would learn from a taco course - it seemed too simple. But we learned lots, and had lots of fun doing it.

We were really looking forward to this class and we were not disappointed. We were both pretty jazzed by the end of it.
We would certainly take another course from them.

Visited June 2013
weatherford ok
“boot camp”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

this was why I went to Santa Fe, my sister and I went to go to boot camp. They didn't disappoint. We had the best time and learned some much Chef Tracy and Noe are the best. The staff is very helpfully and all delightful. I will so go some another class next time I go to Santa Fe. We did the walking tour the first time. Anything you take with them will be the highlight of your trip. Thanks to everyone. Terri

Visited August 2013