Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
What a great 3 hours for anyone who likes to cook, or even if you don’t.

Reviewed 4 days ago

from $110.00
from $129.00
from $60.00
More Info
All reviews cooking class tamales chef michelle southwestern cuisine red chili carne adovada il piatto walking tour mexican chocolate hour class great fun new mexico fun experience food tour chefs noe classes
Reviewed 4 days ago

The chef tells stories while explaining mis en place, cooking methods, ingredients and more. We were 4 people attending the Tapas class. The quality of the food is as good as the highest rated restaurants in town. Yes, you get to eat lunch, purchase wine or beer with it as well. I hope to be back several more tomes.

Reviewed 6 days ago

Here on a convention and attended a cooking demonstration on New Mexico cooking. It was fabulous and absolutely delicious. The chefs and staff made enough for a very full meal for all of us. Not easy recipes to take home and try, but I feel I certainly could make them successfully if I want to spend the time. Chef's were capable, conversant and fun. Attached store had some nice goodies too.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Tired of looking at jewelry and art? Try a class at the Santa Fe School of Cooking. What a wonderful facility....clean, modern and appointed with tv screens and mirrors so you can see your instructor’s every move. While we took the Relleno Class and really aren’t huge fans of Chili Rellenos, the New Mexico history, the cooking techniques, and wonderful instructors made this an outstanding activity. Chef Michelle was both interesting and enthusiastic about her cooking. I’d highly recommend this event and will certainly try another class in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I attended the green chili class with my mother and we enjoyed ourselves. We learned some new techniques and look forward to expanding our recipes.
I will say that everyone we encountered except the volunteer and the one male cook was brusque and didn’t seem happy to be there. We felt a bit rushed and would have preferred to have spent more time on each salsa instead of divvying up tasks with a larger group and missing so many steps. For this reason it was hard to see everything come together and feel invested in the whole process.
Still it was a fun experience and unique to the area.

CookinSantaFe, Manager at Santa Fe School of Cooking, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for participating in the Green Chile Workshop on your visit to Santa Fe. I am surprised that you felt that the staff were unfriendly, as we have had the same crew here for many years and we pride ourselves on the best staff around. That being said, perhaps it was an 'off' day. I have brought it to everyone's attention and I am so sorry that this was your experience. I have also addressed your feedback about the divvying up of tasks in the class. I appreciate your feedback and always strive to improve and keep things the best we can.

I hope you will join us again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was a great dining experience. Got an education on chili's and cooking techniques. Meal was good and I am a very basic meat and potatoes type of guy.

Thanks for taking a class with us! I am so happy you enjoyed your meal with with us!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fun! Fun! The class was excellent.
Learned a great deal. Chef Michelle
was informative and an absolute delight.

Thank you so much for including a cooking class with us on your visit to Santa Fe! So happy you enjoyed it!

Reviewed October 3, 2018

This is a beautiful space in Santa Fe! Close to the Plaza, loads of cookbooks, and nice pottery to buy BUT the class itself was disappointing. I participated in the Salsa class. It was described as a 2 hour class but it only took 1 1/2 hours and it cost $80. There was 12 of us in the class so we only were able to make 1 or 2 of salsas each! The ingredients probably cost a total of $50 for the entire class.- Think tomatoes, limes, onions, etc. I was expecting to make all the salsas myself and to have a more teaching experience.
After the class, I asked if there was any type of discount for cooking class partcipants--NO. All they had to do was offer my a 10-15% discount and I would have bought things!

Thank you so much for including a cooking class on your visit to Santa Fe! I really do appreciate the feedback and have addressed it with my chefs. I cannot fix a problem if it is not brought to my attention. As for a discount for class participants, we have tried it in the past, but it becomes difficult for us to keep track of when often times we are helping class participants after class and helping walk in customers off the street. We have some deals with local hotels. Give us a call when you are planning your next visit to Santa Fe and we can share this info with you.

Reviewed September 21, 2018

Earlier this month my husband, sister and I enjoyed a demonstration held by the Santa Fe School of Cooking, because we enjoyed the class we attended last October. It doesn't matter what they cook because it's all so very good. They have excellent instructors. Take a 10 am class and they serve you a fantastic lunch. You can't beat it. We will sign up for a class the next time we travel to Santa Fe.

1  Thank jeanpO2696UI
Reviewed August 14, 2018

Since my wife and I moved to Santa Fe 5 years ago, we have taken a number of classes at Santa fe School of Cooking. My latest hands-on experience was for "Pizzas on the Patio" and it was wonderful. Both chefs Allen Smith and Noe Cano were funny and instructional, and the other 11 classmates were fun and friendly. What we learned about preparing and cooking pizza doughs and toppings was memorable and the results delicious. Another very worthwhile experience at a Santa Fe star.

1  Thank Rick H
CookinSantaFe, Manager at Santa Fe School of Cooking, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Thank you so much for your ongoing support of The Santa Fe School of Cooking. We appreciate all of our wonderful friends/customers that continue to take classes with us!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Very friendly staff. Allen Smith is a hoot and the Chef de Cuisine Noe was fun and helpful. Things seemed a little rushed at times, but we learned a lot and are confident now that we can make tamales,

Thank you for joining us for the Tamales class! Have fun re-creating them at home. We hope to see you for another class!