“Great Fun & Food”

Santa Fe School of Cooking
More attraction details
Owner description: Come discover the rich culinary history of the "City Different” at the Santa Fe School of Cooking, the authority on Southwestern cuisine. The School offers a variety of authentic classes and events, including demonstration and hands on cooking classes, restaurant walking tours, and a regional market. Celebrating over 23 years in business!
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I took a class at the Santa Fe School of Cooking while on vacation in Santa Fe. My husband was reluctant until the class on Tamales I began. We had so much fun that that my husbands plans for us to take another class next time we are in Santa Fe which is every year. The chefs were knowledgeable, patient, kind and fun. We cannot wait to make Tamales for our friends. We give the school five stars!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"food tour"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We took two sessions; a demonstration class on Mexican Cuisine and a hands-on class on Salsas. We particularly enjoyed the demonstration class taught by Michelle Roetzer (she is awesome-ask for her!). Of course these classes will not make you an expert chef, but they will help you develop a greater appreciation and understanding of Santa Fe style cuisine. It was worth it alone for what we learned about chiles.

We had a great time and learned a lot. We will definitely attend more classes during our next visit to Santa Fe.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was just a happenstance attendee. I was roaming the Internet from western Massachusetts looking for some thing interesting to plan a road trip around and happened on this website. I signed up for 5 classes in May of 2013. It really inspired me to renew my energy in cooking and bring back what I learned to my home territory. I'm totally jazzed about bringing southwestern flare to my New England friends. I enjoyed every class ( 4 so far, one more before I leave Santa Fe) and will absolutely encourage others to attend.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I googled cooking classes in Santa Fe before our trip and found the Santa Fe School of Cooking - was SO glad that I did. My husband took the Tamale I class and I took the Restaurant II tour. Both were excellent; these folks know what they're doing! The restaurant tour was pretty close to perfect, just the right amount of food and alcohol at each of the four restaurants. I was concerned about about consuming too much booze at the high altitude but it was not an issue; plenty of water was provided and quality, not quantity, was the focus. The chef/mixologist at each venue was personable and informative. It was obvious that each one had lots of respect for the School. FIY: our tour involved LOTS of walking but it was well worth the effort.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We learned about Santa Fe School of cooking through a friend whose mother had taken a class there. My mom and I have also taken a cooking class in New Orleans and loved it so we thought this would be a great way to celebrate Mom’s 60th birthday and visiting her 50th state as well as my graduation from grad school. At first I was a little daunted by the price, but in the end it was totally worth it. We took the Tacos class with Pat. We made 4 different fillings, 3 kinds of soft shell tacos and two salsas. We both had a great time and learned some a lot about southwest style cooking. I highly recommend this class to anyone who likes to eat or cook and wants to get a taste of the local flavor. The business is family run and the staff are not only very friendly but also very helpful. Kudos to Santa Fe School of Cooking for a fun and memorable experience!!