Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Very Fun and Excellent Food

Met wife and I went for a lunch class of New Mexico cooking. The chefs were very entertaining, and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
BruceV
Seattle, Washington
Tacos II with Michelle & Kyle

This was so much fun! Such a well run place where you feel welcomed the moment you walk in the... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from $115.00
from $45.00
from $140.00
More Info
All reviews cooking class tamales chef michelle southwestern cuisine cooking tips chilli corn tortillas walking tour carne adovada salsa making salsa class mexican chocolate hour class great fun great class goat cheese new mexico
Selected filters
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We traveled to Santa Fe to mainly focus on taking the cooking classes for a week and going on a couple of restaurant walks. It was a terrific week. Excellent chef and sous chef. We learned so much and gave a large dinner party for friends when we came back using the recipes and techniques we learned. Muchas gracias! and we can't wait to go back. No one should miss this wonderful experience!

Date of experience: December 2011
2  Thank John R
Reviewed January 24, 2012

If you are heading to Santa Fe go on line, look at their classes, pick one and make a reservation. You will have a great time. You can only look at art and jewelry for so long. This is a very fun and educational way to spend time in our most interesting city. We are lucky to live close and we go several times each year. You will learn some first class cooking tips, enjoy good food and wine. There is a small market with the school so you can buy spices, and other items to fill our your kitchen. The class also includes recipes for everything they prepare so you can go home and impress your friends.

1  Thank NewMexicoWineguy
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I took 2 classes here and thoroughly enjoyed both classes. The instructors were entertaining and interesting. The food was fantastic. We were grouped at tables of 4 in front of the cooking area that was elevated with a large mirror above so that you could easily see all the action. We were given opportunities to touch and smell ingredients during the cooking process. I am not a gourmet cook but I learned some things I will try at home. It was great fun.

1  Thank Jessie A
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We frequent our local Central Market a lot for cooking classes that span a wide range of subjects. On a recent trip to Santa Fe, we thought we would try the Santa Fe Cooking School class on authentic Mexican cooking.

We (my wife and I) went on Saturday January 7th and really enjoyed the class. Jen and Noe were knowledgeable, engaging and could really cook. We left with a much better understanding of how to prepare mole and other foods - and how they taste!

I highly recommend this class. My only regret is I forgot to get a cooking grill from the store.

Date of experience: January 2012
Nicole A, Owner at Santa Fe School of Cooking, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

Thanks so much for taking the class with us. Mole is one of those dishes that is fun to share with folks as there are so many ways to prepare it and so much authentic Mexican culture that goes into it. Jen and Noe are a great team. Thanks for spending time with us on your vacation!

Nicole

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Went to the "Traditional New Mexican III" class with my sister- and mother-in-law. Chef Michelle Roetzer had a great sense of humor and was able to make a history lesson super interesting and shed some light on what is "New Mexican" food? For a demonstration-style class, it was perfect, and the food that we got to enjoy afterwards was delicious. I loved, loved, loved the blue corn and green chile muffins with pinon (pine nut) butter. As a professional chef, I really loved learning some of the basics of this cuisine and how the various native chiles are used. The class feels like a great get-together with friends, as everyone is seated at tables together and also has the chance to have a great glass of local wine or beer with their meals. Cheers, and kudos to Sante Fe School of cooking - keeping the cuisine alive and spreading the good chile word. I would have liked to have a private, hands-on class, but it is quite pricey. This class was $70 per person; however, I hope people will continue support keeping the culture alive and paying talented and dedicated chefs what they deserve - a living!

Date of experience: December 2011

Mandy,

Thanks so much for the compliments. It is great to hear from a professional chef as well! I hope you will come back sometime to celebrate the foods of NM with us!

Nicole