Book In Advance

from $110.00
from $115.00
from $45.00
1,356 results
All reviews new mexico harvey girls atomic bomb governor's palace excellent exhibits civil war free admission special exhibit los alamos native americans guided tour couple of hours two hours visit to santa fe gift shop artifacts state
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019

If you want to go one place and spend a few hours to learn about New Mexico, this is a good choice. The focus is on its settling, revolutions, etc. However, are some exhibits on more modern times.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed April 8, 2019

This is one of the many great small scale museums to be found in Santa Fe. The main exhibit focusing on the history of New Mexico is very, very well done. However, I skipped it this time…because I’ve seen 3 times before! Since I had the New Mexico Culture Pass, I still visited to see any changing exhibits. The one I enjoyed the most was the small but fascinating “The Land that Enchants Me So: Picturing Popular Songs of New Mexico.” Always something great at this museum!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed April 7, 2019

Our membership has opened our eyes locally and nationally with the Reciprocal feature that allows us to visit museums across the country. Our own museum is terrific and affords us wonderful perspectives.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed April 1, 2019

In all the times I have been to Santa Fe I have not visited this museum until this last trip. We had visited Los Alamos and had visited and after coming back down, saw that the museum had an exhibit on the history of the bomb. It was a well done exhibit and we ended up spending a lot of time at the museum. Don't miss out on the gift shop, it too is great.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed March 20, 2019

The museum gives an in-depth look at the history of the state, especially the struggle with Spain. If you don't know anything about New Mexico's history it is especially enlightening. The Harvey Girls exhibit was very well done and I also enjoyed the exhibit on music about New Mexico. The temporary nuclear exhibit was small but gave good information, especially about how much radiation occurs naturally and how much you receive through metal detectors, plane flights, medical procedures, etc. The exhibits on the "outlaws" such as Billy the Kid (they have his spurs) was interesting and will fill in the background if you have ever seen the Young Guns movies.The exhibits on New Mexico's military participation gave good information and highlighted the Code Talkers. Also interesting was a display on museum science-- how exhibits are made, the planning, the tools,and the technology. Well worth the price of admission.

Date of experience: March 2019