“Home cooking like no other!”
Review of Tune Up Cafe

Tune Up Cafe
Ranked #39 of 590 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed June 15, 2013

After moving away from lovely Santa Fe just a year ago, coming back to Tune Up cafe is just like coming back to mom's kitchen! The staff remembered me and my order (eggs bennadict with avocado)!!!! The outdoor seating was gorgeous and I am so happy they expanded to more space and a wine bar in the back!
If it was up to me, Tune Up Cafe is the place to eat, chill, and enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner Every day!!

2  Thank Renukah H

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Loved the outdoor seating. Inside seems cramped. Had the Salvadoran special. The tamale was really good, but the pupusa was bland. Not what I expected after the reviews and seeing it on Diners / Dives / Drive thru's. OK - but I expected to be blown away. I am never a fan of ordering a soda and getting the can and paying to get more.

1  Thank Cheezman
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped at the Tune Up for breakfast on a recommendation from a friend. I ordered the Tune Up Breakfast which is a chile relleno, refried beans, scrambled eggs and a tortilla. It was very tasty. My wife had the breakfast burrito smothered in green chile sauce. It was also very tasty. The prices were very reasonable and the staff was friendly and helpful with the menu. We sat out on the front patio and watch the light traffic and pedestrians walk by.
This was Avery good choice.

2  Thank Doug R
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a pleasant, informal eatery on a neighborhood in central Santa Fe. The waitstaff are terrific. The food is really quite good and a nice change of pace from Northern New Mexican food. Eat indoors or out. This place deserves a visit (or more than one)!

4  Thank Expvalue
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was in Santa Fe five days and ate at the Tune Up up four times. Once, after a great desert tour with New Mexico Jeep Tours, we ate at the truck stop cause we were starving and the guide said the food was okay -- it was okay, just. I missed the Tune UP but didn't want to wait another hour to eat.

The Tune Up has the best pupusas I have ever eaten and I eat a lot of them, having tried every pupuseria in the Mission District of San Francisco that I have been able to find. The Tune UP makes them a bit crispy, which is new to me.

The first day I was there, I ordered a second lunch because the mahi mahi tacos special sounded irresistble but I had to do the pupusas, right? Both dishes were extremely delicious.

I think their prices are moderate, given the supreme tastiness and it is Santa Fe, a spendy kind of town. Ten bucks for a delicious lunch seems moderate to me!

My friend roamed around the menu. She said the turkey club was great, also a lunch special. She had a burger one day and liked that. She goes to Santa Fe regularly and goes to the Tune UP several times every trip so she is in love with it too.

Everyone is very friendly, service is fine. You order at the counter and they bring it to you. That is becoming more common everywhere but people seem to be expected to tip as if it is a full service place, which it isn't if you order at the counter after standing in line. Whatev. I was so happy with the food and cheerful demeanor with everyone that I tipped my regular 20%.

I only had the flank steak pupusas and the mahi mahi tacos. I would happily inhale either or both meals this moment.

It's a bit off the beaten trail, not really a tourist spot, which is nice. Santa Fe can get pretty precious, esp. the downtown retaurants where everything sorta feels like a Disneyland fake town, ya know? But the Tune Up feels real and makes Santa Fe feel like a real town (which, of course, it is! I am being silly).

3  Thank TreeFitzpatrick

Been to Tune Up Cafe? Share your experiences!