“Feels like what Pasqual's would have been 20 years ago..”
Review of Tune Up Cafe

Tune Up Cafe
Ranked #22 of 574 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I'm so excited about this place! Excellent food, interesting menu, and tons of local flavor. This feels like a poor person's "Cafe Pasqual's" On my recent weekend in Santa Fe, I ate here three times because I just wanted to keep on coming back. I will definitely be back next time I'm in Santa Fe!

6  Thank Ramey
There are newer reviews for Tune Up Cafe

Reviewed February 26, 2013

By asking folks who have lived in Santa Fe for more than 10 years, this is a great place for breakfast, lunch. Very laid back, crowded, noisy, small, cozy, you may be sitting with folks you do not know but everybody has a story and is interestin g in this town. Oh, and by the way, the food is fresh and delicious. I highly recommend for the food.

3  Thank BossRino
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We got a gift certificate as part of a raffle. I used to like Dave's Not Here at this same location, so we wanted to check it out. I loved everything about it. I can't wait to go back.

3  Thank Jim R
Reviewed February 12, 2013

For old time sake I check this place out every couple of years. This time we went for breakfast. Still order-at-the-counter and semi-communal seating, indoors and out, the space is small and always pretty full. The order taker was difficult to understand but got my order right; I ordered the Huevos de Salvadorenos, eggs scrambled with green onions and peppers, maybe a little tomatoes, too, served with refried beans and a fried banana. My Spanish-speaking companion more easily ordered steak and eggs. Everything tasted good and was cooked properly but we were generally disappointed. The quantity and appearance of the plates was not equivalent to the food's price. The so-called "Christmas" chile that came with the rather nice cut of steak was a small amount of brown chipotle sauce, as far as we could judge, served under the steak. The orange juice was first-rate, the coffee good. It's not really a nice place but kind of fun and different.

2  Thank VN F
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had lunch one day this week but would love to go back for breakfast next trip. The Cubano was very tasty and the Lamb Tacos were bursting with flavor. Great sauces and seasonings make the dishes great. Mostly locals at separate and communal tables. Sit wherever you can, because it gets busy at peak breakfast and lunch hours. Fast service if you're in a hurry.

3  Thank OH_Winer